• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4850 with what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FBPerformance

Registered
I working on my new build, and I have some extra money left over to through at a graphics card. My new build consists of:

E8500
Asus Rampage Formula
4GB Corasir Dominator
Antec 1200
Antec TPQ 1000w PSU

My question is I currently play all of my games @ 1680x1050 with my single 4850, so far I have liked that card for the most part, but would like to see some better performance. So would I be better with another 4850 for CF or should would I be better with another card say a 4870 or 3870x2? TIA

You would see a pretty nice benefit from Crossfiring your 4850. It's the most cost effective way you can go about upgrading at the moment. I'm doing the same thing right now, I have an Asus P5e on the way as well as another 4850 to Crossfire with mine.

since you already have a 4850 and a 16x/16x board there is really no reason to not get another 4850 and xfire. At your resolution there is really nothing that will give you a better price / performance boast (cause you already have half of the Xfire setup :D )

JM

In unrelated news I just bought my 2 4850's for my x48 setup. High Five!

since you already have a 4850 and a 16x/16x board there is really no reason to not get another 4850 and xfire. At your resolution there is really nothing that will give you a better price / performance boast (cause you already have half of the Xfire setup :D )

JM

In unrelated news I just bought my 2 4850's for my x48 setup. High Five!

I did too, I bought the OC'ed Gigabyte ones with 1gb of memory. I game on a 2560x1600 i was torn between that and the 4870x2. In the end it came down to value, and all the benchies for COD4 show small gains for the 4870x2 so not worth the money.

Back