• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the gosip on Nvidia Video cards atm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SF101

The Printer Guru
I'm looking at a 260 Core 216 right now for a decent price But in the back of my mind i'm thinking nvidia has to have something big releasing soon.

what do you guys honestly think. buy or wait?

I would buy. There are some pretty good deals to be had with AMD putting pricing pressure on nVidia. There'll always be something new on the horizon.

wait 1 or 2 months IMO

270 and 290 should be coming soon and the RV870 from ATI is scheduled for Q1 2009

i bought 2 of them sick of waiting ive been waiting for 1/2 a year to upgrade but you bet ill use the step up program if something new comes out within 90days.

now is a good time to buy. The majority of nVidias lineup is now price competative and the 55nm respin of the gt200 keeps getting pushed back. Also as stated step up is an option with nVidia

I don't know, you already have a 8800GTS which is still pretty solid even by today's standards. Unless your games are really chugging and you NEED smoother gameplay, I'd say wait.

ya well tbh. with a 790I and a Q6600 @ 3.6-often @ 3.7ghz. with like 300$ worth of DDR3 ram ect. I do often have to run games at med or sometimes lower settings. Now this may be unoptimized games(who knows) but i honestly just think the 8800 GTS 640mb version card lacks alittle.

I hate playing stunning games at anything less than eye candy and i hope these cards put up some good Fram rates for the investment they really are.

I figure SLI'ing right now with 260GTX 216's this gaming rig will become obsolete around the same time as all the other parts do.

i'm going to keep my eye on the Releases and the Step-up timing for this one though with upgrades so close to release dates of future cards but heck ive been waiting on the 280(B) to release for like 1/2 a year lmao.

also i can always toss the 8800GTS into my work pc and use it for gaming there. few late night lans with the guys will make the upgrade more worth while :p

Recieved my 260GTX (216) 's today .. both of them WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

but one was DOA .. made me very very sad :-0 ..

even though the one i got is still much smoother than my 8800GTS was.

Back