• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help santa pick out a board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ohioviper

Hi folks. I'm trying to pick out a motherboard for my son for Christmas. I have always bought Abit and now I need to find a new board company.
I am just doing a low budget upgrade to his pc. I need to pick out a board and a cpu.
Will not be going sli . I snagged an EVGA 9800gt for $119 last night and picked up 4 gig of gskill pc6400 for $44 so I'm off to a good start. Only thing I need now is a cpu and mother board. So what you guys recomend for a board say under $150 and a cpu under $200 ?

Im also not sure to go quad or dual for him as he is a gamer. I love my q6600 but not sure he will need it or better off with a dually.
Thanks for helping out.

Thanks guys. I like the 8400 and that P5Q looks great. Will OC it for all its worth with a true120 and couple 120mm fans. Whats the chances of 4ghz ?
His old setup is a coolermaster stacker with an ABIT KN8-SLI , AMD FX55 @2.8 ,EVGA 6800 gts so he is getting a good bump with this. It will be under the tree from Santa. HO HO HO.

Back