• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new i7 system stock temperatures/benchmarks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dim1014

I just built the system in my sig. spent the day trying out my games and running benchmarks. Have not tried overclocking yet (easytune6 isn't working for me in vista 64 and I haven't played with the BIOS too much, just clocked my ram up to spec).

what do you guys think about these scores and my temperatures? I was hoping I applied the heatsink/thermal paste well, and I think I did! what do you guys think? and is there anything else I should run/tweak? All questions/comments/suggestions welcome!

idle temperatures and load temperatures (5-10 minutes of prime95 after temps stopped going up)
cputempsstockht9.jpg

superpistocklk4.jpg

evereststockwi8.jpg

3dmarkstockay0.jpg

vantagestockbo1.jpg

Thanks! I hope you get your stuff soon!
what do you guys think of my temperatures?

Is that stock cooling?
As the CPU looks like its at stock speeds still.
You are going to want some better cooling before you overclock that CPU

Oh and ET6 doesnt work in Vista 64 Yet, mostly....
SO dont hold your breath on getting that to work

how many volts you pushing through that CPU.
Seems a little warm to me.
You might want to remount your Heatsink.

I have a I7 920 and with the stock heatsink I'm seeing 50-55C idle and 88-99C load. I'm waiting to mount my new watercooling setup. So I'm not using the PC for anything but school and net surfing at the moment.

Yes I've tired remounting the HS and still similar temps.

wow that is a hotter chip than i thought....
But for a Thermalright Ultra 120, that still seems very warm for running at stock speeds.
Never tried my stock sink and when i was using my Noctua sink I was in the 60C stock and 70's around 3.8GHz
Now under water i am around mid 60's @ 4.2Ghz

voltage and all othr settings are stock. i think these chips are a little hotter in general but it was also my first attempt at mounting a heatsink

while i wouldnt use easy tune for my 24/7 overclock it is nice to help figure out voltages and what not without going into bios. especially if u need to kick it up a notch for a benchmark or what not.

Back