• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q8300 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breezer_

So i just ordered this to my local shop, since they didnt have Q6600s in stock. And afterall i think its best for my needs, 45nm so it doesnt generate that much heat, because i was planning OC it to 3ghz with stock cooler for now. So my question is could this be doable with P5Q-Pro mobo combined with some G.Skill 800mhz DDR2? :). Also feel free to post some OC results from Q8300, since what i have seen there is no thread for this processor.

Thx :) getting it hopefully tomorrow, if not then it goes to next week monday.

Just keep the temps in check since you are on stock cooling (meaning keep it @ 65C or below in P95 Small FFT testing), but the board should do that with no problem.

you could just compare to Q9300, Q8300 just has less L2 cache. ocing should be roughly the same maybe 200-400mhz lower clock speed. since your on P45 based board your looking good. in another thread i helped a member get to 500mhz fsb, things got a bit flaky after that fsb. he is running stable at 3.5ghz/500mhz fsb, it was either the Q8200 or Q8300.

Ok finally got today the processor, and OC´d it to 3ghz, temps 30-32 idle and in games about 40 :). but in prime95 about 2 hours temps were about 60. First when i OC´d it i left voltages to auto it was 1.296v, then i lowered it to 1.216v. i need get new ram to push further since multiplier in this cpu is 7.5, 400mhz FSB limits my ram.

i am having the same problems as you with my q8200 i can get to 400fsb and then my ram is stopping me. i think its time to get some 1066mhz ddr2.

help me out 1st time overclocking begginer

hi can som1 help me i have an asus p5qpro motherboard with a q8300 cpu with 4gb g-skull ddr2 at 1066mhz and a 320gb western digital h/drive and ati 3870 graphics card and a sweex 650 power suply im using win7 home prem and was lookin for some real help with overclockin the q8300 and the bios sttings im using the most up to date bios for the board and got it from asus home page i have a zalman cnps9900 cooler for cpu and i was wantin to se if i could get my speed up to 3ghz or more im kind of new to this overclocking and would be gratefull if some1 could help please please

i dont no if ive posted this in the right place but hopfuly i have and im sorry if spelling is bad not good at it hope u u/stand

Back