• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.5" power question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there a question in here somewhere? I had a usb adapter much like the one you posted and that worked fine for my 2.5inch IDE harddrives.

I must have a bad adapter...nothing happens when I use the 2.5" connector? Tha sata port works fine on my larger sata hdd's...

The USB interface provides enough power for 2.5" drives. Very handy for quick transfers.

The USB interface provides enough power for 2.5" drives. Very handy for quick transfers.
Oh I see. I never even tried to use this connector for 2.5" yet the connector has failed....
A friend has a HP laptop-no action..I figured I'd try accessing the drive-nothin. Then I figured maybe I should try a known good 2.5"hdd so I took the 2.5"hdd from my Dell laptop but nothing happens with that either...strange...

Back