• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking to your Computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

Hey everyone,

Do you guys/girls use voice recognition software? If so, which one?

I was really looking into this, instead of typing up my essays and stuff, I could jsut recite them and let the computer do all the typing.

So, anyone hve any ideas?

This should probably be in the Software and Operating Systems section. Anyways i asked this before and got an anonymous response that it was not worth it.

i talk to my computer all the time.

usually choice phrases like

"da**it, why won't you work"
"stupid %*$#& computer!"
"i hate you!"
"if you freeze one more time i'm gonna rip out your brain"

friendly stuff like that. the voice recognition probably won't pick up most of that.

:p

jeff

They aren't that good, you have to go through series of it reconizing your voice and they always get what you say wrong.
They're really expensive too!

--Yodums

win xp pro has speech recognition built-in. i haven't used it though.

My dad bought "Dragon Natrual Speaking" a while back, it's the best 1 made.
But I must say it sucks really bad =)
You have to train it for like an hour to get it to reconize or voice, and then when ur don't have the time it dosen't even type what u say.
So I would say ur better off stickin with typing =)
And they cost like 200bux,,, rip off IMO =)

MoPMatrix said:
My dad bought "Dragon Natrual Speaking" a while back, it's the best 1 made.
But I must say it sucks really bad =)
You have to train it for like an hour to get it to reconize or voice, and then when ur don't have the time it dosen't even type what u say.
So I would say ur better off stickin with typing =)
And they cost like 200bux,,, rip off IMO =)

I actually had ViaVoice and Dragon Natural Speaking they are both money biters and they suck I don't recommend it.

Spike Spiegel said:
i talk to my computer all the time.

usually choice phrases like

"da**it, why won't you work"
"stupid %*$#& computer!"
"i hate you!"
"if you freeze one more time i'm gonna rip out your brain"

friendly stuff like that. the voice recognition probably won't pick up most of that.

:p

jeff

Yeah I was talking to it a few minutes ago, damn unstableness at 230MHz FSB (2x 115MHz), Windows 2000 splash screen wouldn't even load, bah!

Voice recognition.. bah, I type faster than I speak!

~Vash~

Back