• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeps downloading Core_65....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

My F@H keeps downloading a Core_65 file......it's been doing this for the last 1/2 hour or so......

I try to delete it, and then download it again, but it just keeps downloading a new one.

And now there is a core_65.exe.bz file in my folder.

What should I do?

Shut F@H down then delete both core65 files then restart. this is what fixed it for me. It is a problem with the upgrading of the core. let me know if it works for you because it worked for me although the work server was down when i had to do it so I ended up doing it several times before it worked. Fold on!!!

I'm having trouble, too. :(

As I see it, either (1) the server is down or (2) someone snuck in an untested upgrade that has goofed things up.

I hope somebody at Stanford is working on it. :rolleyes:

hmm, the last couple days since I upped my fsb my core_65 has crashed several times. I'm not sure if this is because my fsb is higher than normal, or because of the problems other people have had...

btw, my comp hasn't frozen at all... core_65 just crashes... arghhh....

fold on!

Bad (partial) WUDATA was cause of my looping CORE downloads...

I had one machine doing continous CORE downloads, but upon checking the logs, I saw that the CORE was shutting down due to a corrupted WUDATA file (it had apparently finished one WU and tried to download a new one, but only received a partial download, so the WUDATA was truncated.)

Unfortunately, the main routine apparently considers any abnormal shutdown of CORE to be a bad CORE, and doesn't check the current WU data for validity... so it just keeps trying to download a working CORE... which was never going to fix the problem as long as that truncated WUDATA was there.

Manually deleting the current queue entry and WORK directory contents forced it to download a new WU... which was more to CORE's liking. :beer:

Re: Bad (partial) WUDATA was cause of my looping CORE downloads...

Gator said:
I had one machine doing continous CORE downloads, but upon checking the logs, I saw that the CORE was shutting down due to a corrupted WUDATA file (it had apparently finished one WU and tried to download a new one, but only received a partial download, so the WUDATA was truncated.)

Unfortunately, the main routine apparently considers any abnormal shutdown of CORE to be a bad CORE, and doesn't check the current WU data for validity... so it just keeps trying to download a working CORE... which was never going to fix the problem as long as that truncated WUDATA was there.

Manually deleting the current queue entry and WORK directory contents forced it to download a new WU... which was more to CORE's liking. :beer:

This worked for me :D

SHUT DOWN F@H CLIENT
1. Delete all work in work folder.
2. Delete Queue file.
3. Delete Core_65 and Core_65.exe.bz files.
4. Start it back up and it SHOULD be fine :D

Last edited:
Back