• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux-Gamers ?? umm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its not bad at all. i have a few of their bootable dvd's. you just pop it it, boot up, it loads ati or nvidia video drivers. you can play whatever you want, save the game settings and profiles to a usb thumb drive, reboot and you are back to where you started.

well i mean what i read about this is that it is made/ or u are able to run windows games.

well if i ever get a bigger harddrive i will be install fedora, but on my hard drive from school which already has fedora i managed to get 2 games working cause i couldnt use the drive as my computer getting to hot cause the a/c in our house is down, but i did mange to get guildwars working with a combo of wine/winetricks and played it for about 4 hours and also installed medal of honor allied assault and play half way through the single player

well if i ever get a bigger harddrive i will be install fedora, but on my hard drive from school which already has fedora i managed to get 2 games working cause i couldnt use the drive as my computer getting to hot cause the a/c in our house is down, but i did mange to get guildwars working with a combo of wine/winetricks and played it for about 4 hours and also installed medal of honor allied assault and play half way through the single player

yep wine is getting realll bigg.. now u can play almost any game

I think game developers should create their own OS, make it bloat limited and optimized for only gaming, no spreadsheets, no powerpoint, no word, no anti-virus, no firefox, nothing else. Just games.

And use old tech?
I want a system i can upgrade, not replace. I want to be able to play the older games i like without hooking up a different system.
That and i HATE using a joypad. Keyboard and mouse FTW!

Still, due to M$ DirectX i will never be able to play my favorite games in WINE; Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 4 (all expansions - i don't own 3 but would like to)

And use old tech?
I want a system i can upgrade, not replace. I want to be able to play the older games i like without hooking up a different system.
That and i HATE using a joypad. Keyboard and mouse FTW!

Still, due to M$ DirectX i will never be able to play my favorite games in WINE; Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 4 (all expansions - i don't own 3 but would like to)

i just got half life 2 going under but it runs badly cause the new version of wine messed something up

I think game developers should create their own OS, make it bloat limited and optimized for only gaming, no spreadsheets, no powerpoint, no word, no anti-virus, no firefox, nothing else. Just games.

Or MS could do Windows GE, you would figure as greedy as they are there would already be a windows gaming edition.

Back