• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm about to be livid.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kkpudge7

So I ordered all of my i7 stuff for my new upgrade yesterday. Everything should be here by friday, motherboard and ram are coming from egg, so if not friday it will be here monday. my i7 DO should be here monday at the latest as well. Now, I ordered the 1366 bracket for my TRUE, and knowing that other sites are slower than the egg I paid $12 for guaranteed 3 day fed ex. All is well right? $12 bucks so that I can start overclocking right away, not that bad of a price, at least I didnt think so.

Anyway, I just checked the estimated delivery date on fed ex via tracking number. september 9th??? It shipped yesterday at 4pm, so why did I pay $12 for "guaranteed 3 day" when its going to take 7? I'm pretty upset, if i would have known it was going to take a week I would have just shipped it standerd UPS, which usually is about 4-5 days.

I'll still be able to get it up and running on the stupid worthless hunk of scrap metal intel calls a stock heatsink, but now i cant start oc until fed ex decides they want to deliver it.

Not that big of a deal, but they shouldn't advertise it as "guaranteed 3 day" and charge $12 for a 1lb package if its going to take 8 days.

[/rant]

Part of that is because of the holiday on monday (labor day). The other, in my experience, is just Fed-Ex screwing things up. Happens every time I've used them. I would contact whoever you ordered the bracket from and ask about a partial refund since the package should have been delivered on tuesday at the latest, but no reason it shouldnt have been there by saturday IMHO.

Weekend/holiday play a big part in that date. Quite often with my FedEx orders (all with regular ground shipping), they end up delivering at least the day before their estimate.

I paid an extra five bucks to ship via UPS, in order to avoid the "default" shipping option of 'egg-saver' on my latest purchase. Egg-saver: what a joke, NE gives your package to Fedex who gives it to DHL who then takes it to the Post Office; then you get it about 8 days later. :screwy:

I have always had very good luck with newegg shipping. Mainly with the stuff that ships from Edison NJ. When it comes from california it sometimes takes up to 4 days or so. I can order stuff from egg on tuesday or wednesdy and it will usually be here before the weekend. I dont even care that its going to take an extra couple of days, you know? Its not that big of a deal. What makes me mad is that I paid $12 (<1lb) to make sure it got here before the holiday.

Why are you getting mad? Count with me. You placed the order yesterday (wednesday).

Thusrsday = 1
Friday = 2
Monday = Holiday
Tuesday = 3.

maybe you should have thought about that a bit before paying. Sorry it happened though I hate when things are all their at once.

So I ordered all of my i7 stuff for my new upgrade yesterday. Everything should be here by friday, motherboard and ram are coming from egg, so if not friday it will be here monday. my i7 DO should be here monday at the latest as well. Now, I ordered the 1366 bracket for my TRUE, and knowing that other sites are slower than the egg I paid $12 for guaranteed 3 day fed ex. All is well right? $12 bucks so that I can start overclocking right away, not that bad of a price, at least I didnt think so.

Anyway, I just checked the estimated delivery date on fed ex via tracking number. september 9th??? It shipped yesterday at 4pm, so why did I pay $12 for "guaranteed 3 day" when its going to take 7? I'm pretty upset, if i would have known it was going to take a week I would have just shipped it standerd UPS, which usually is about 4-5 days.

I'll still be able to get it up and running on the stupid worthless hunk of scrap metal intel calls a stock heatsink, but now i cant start oc until fed ex decides they want to deliver it.

Not that big of a deal, but they shouldn't advertise it as "guaranteed 3 day" and charge $12 for a 1lb package if its going to take 8 days.

[/rant]

Dear kkpudge7,

We truly apologize for any inconvenience and or delay. Unfortunately because of the holiday on Monday, Fed Ex and UPS will not be delivering on that day which makes your 3rd day for shipping on tuesday. Nevertheless, I would really like to speak to you about this issue and see what we can do for you. At your earliest convenience please contact me at [email protected] or by telephone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040.

Remember, just because they are not delivering on holiday or weekend doesn't mean they are not moving boxes at all. In my experience they still keep the shipment moving around on weekend and your new cooler should arrive at FedEx center closest to you before Monday. So you may end up getting it first thing Tuesday when the driver gets back from holiday.

Once in a blue moon someone makes an exception somewhere. Once I recieved a USPS Priority mail on Christmas morning... even though USPS were supposed to be closed that day. My local PO seems to go out of their way by collecting any last minute priority mail and delivering them right away.

Dear kkpudge7,

We truly apologize for any inconvenience and or delay. Unfortunately because of the holiday on Monday, Fed Ex and UPS will not be delivering on that day which makes your 3rd day for shipping on tuesday. Nevertheless, I would really like to speak to you about this issue and see what we can do for you. At your earliest convenience please contact me at [email protected] or by telephone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040.
Yet again newegg goes above and beyond (and this time for no real reason).

Kudos newegg!

Yet again newegg goes above and beyond (and this time for no real reason).

Kudos newegg!

+1

I order some hard drives on sunday, they went on sale for $10 cheaper on weds. Emailed newegg, the credit my account the savings. I'm very pleased with newegg.

I have a similar situation where I'm putting together a build this weekend and I placed an order for an Intel PCIe NIC at 1:00am on 9/3 with FedEx overnight shipping, expecting that it'd ship out by the end of 9/3 because newegg is typically awesome and ships same day so long as you get the order in early enough (and 1am is definitely early enough). Expected the delivery to arrive today but turns out it hasn't shipped at all, and I probably won't get it till next Tuesday or Wednesday. Not a crucial part to my build but still very annoying since the reason I paid for overnight shipping was so that I could get a 9/4 delivery. :mad:

Dear kkpudge7,

Wow is all I can say. Not only does newegg have some of the best prices on the internet, some of the fastest order processing, and the best customer service of anyplace i know, they look on forums for unhappy customers and try to make things right.....If thats not top notch customer service I dont know what is.

Newegg, I only wish my 1366 bracket was ordered from your site...My motherboard and RAM I ordered from you, and what do you know its scheduled to be here on Tuesday...free shipping and its going to be here before my 3 day shipping that I paid for to get my TRUE bracket here at the same time.

The bracket is coming from frozen cpu.

Hats off to Newegg.com...Every internet retail store (every store for that matter) should take notes on they're customer service.

Just wanted to add that I'm now a happy camper as well. Alex sent me a PM offering to credit back the overnight shipping amount. :)

Service like this is what's made me a repeat newegg customer.

Neweg bar none is the best reatailer I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I've ordered probably over $4,000 worth of computer parts from them in the last 5 years, and will continue to do so. I had no problems with frozen cpu, I was more disgruntled with Fedex. If the order shipped at 4pm on wednesday, it should have been there on saturday. But no worries, I have all my parts now.

Bar none the best but you still posted a rant thread even though it was essentially your fault.... Wow how you changed your tune. :)

I'm not sure if you read the whole thread earthdog...the rant was never about newegg. It was about fed ex. And I dont see where anything is my fault...I paid $12 shipping on a half pound box so that it would be there before the holiday, I was mad because I would have just taken the free shipping had I known they werent going to deliver it until wednesday.

No worries, gettintg mad on the internet is kind of pointless anyhow, specially towards another forum contributor. All my parts are here now anyhow, and I'm workin on my i7 oc :D

Part of that is because of the holiday on monday (labor day). The other, in my experience, is just Fed-Ex screwing things up. Happens every time I've used them. I would contact whoever you ordered the bracket from and ask about a partial refund since the package should have been delivered on tuesday at the latest, but no reason it shouldnt have been there by saturday IMHO.

Crappy shipping is inexcusable period. I ordered a part for my land scooter from Germany last year. I live in Canada. The guy said it'd be here in 48 hours. I said "No but really how long will it be". He said "Yes sir 48 hours we are shipping it immediately"

THIRTY HOURS. Got it.

Unbelievable.

Crappy shipping is inexcusable period. I ordered a part for my land scooter from Germany last year. I live in Canada. The guy said it'd be here in 48 hours. I said "No but really how long will it be". He said "Yes sir 48 hours we are shipping it immediately"

THIRTY HOURS. Got it.

Unbelievable.

That's really impressive.

Back