• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram / fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Possibly..

If you are being held back by your memory then some heatsinks might help you to push a little further, although I wouldnt expect any huge gains.
You may also be able to get stable at a higher VDIMM, this might get you a bigger increase with just more cooling alone.

If your running a XP then you will have to unlock the multiplyer well before Crucial-2100 reaches its limit, unless you manage a monster CPU overclock of course.

they will only help if u have good case airflow, and if the memory is warm~hot to the touch..
if its cool, then its a waste of 8+ dollars...

ThePunkGeek said:
would adding a ram cooling kit possibly help me up my fsb if it was the ram holding me back?
Cooling your NorthBridge will give you a better chance of getting a few MHz more out of your FSB then the ram cooling.

drdingo21 said:
what CAS is your memory running at?

my memory is pretty ****y. i have tried to find info about it but no luck. sisoft wont tell me anything and i tried anything program that ids ram.

trying looking in the bios, if its cas 2 then change it to cas 3 that may be the max fsb the memory will run at in CAS 2. also better cooling on your northbridge would help achive an extra mhz....

Back