• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on a new Video Card ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

korymiller

I am looking to upgrade my video card here shortly. I recently put together a new budget build and I am using the card from my old machine still.

My current specs:

Intel C2D E7500 Stock cooling OC @ 3.2 Ghz
MSI G31TM-P21
4 gb (2x2gb) Corsair PC2-6400
GeForce 8600GT
400W PSU (No name I believe, it came with my case)
Modtek Alien-X case with 120MM Rear and 80MM Side Fans
Windows 7 Professional

I was looking to stay in the 100-150 range price wise and was thinking perhaps about a 9800GTX ? Or would you recommend I go higher with a 200 Level card ? I am assuming on upgrading the PSU as well when I get the new card

Wait for ATI Evergreen /dx11 cards! They are right around the corner.... Bad time to upgrade, you will be obsolete in a matter of weeks... Also the $200 cards will be dropping. if you have to buy one now, i would buy the 4890 Saphire card.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Does it have to be a nVidia card?

ATI just released it's next gen cards. The 5850 should be out soon and it would (should) be around $259 (if you want to spend that much). If not the 4890 would be around $200.

Maybe you want to read some of the posts in the forums!:thup:

Back