• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.70v for DRAM??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godzilla

According to CPUID Hardware Monitor, my DRAM is at 1.70v...is this normal? because i thought 1.65v was max limit.

I have it set to AUTO in the BIOS. Everything is at Stock settings at the moment. I have manually entered 9-9-9-24 timings and 1600mhz, but everything else is on AUTO.

Considering DRAM voltage (V_DDQ) needs to be within .5V of QPI / Uncore (V_TTA and V_TTD), and QPI / Uncore should not exceed 1.35v, the V_DDQ max. is 1.85V. So when you see 1.65V referenced as the max. memory voltage, the .5V differential is applied to a default QPI voltage of 1.15V.

Considering DRAM voltage (V_DDQ) needs to be within .5V of QPI / Uncore (V_TTA and V_TTD), and QPI / Uncore should not exceed 1.35v, the V_DDQ max. is 1.85V. So when you see 1.65V referenced as the max. memory voltage, the .5V differential is applied to a default QPI voltage of 1.15V.

ermm...can you repeat that in plain english please :D

Just increase the QPI / DRAM Core voltage to 1.20V (from the AUTO or default voltage of 1.15V), which creates a .5V differential when the DRAM voltage is at 1.70V.

Just increase the QPI / DRAM Core voltage to 1.20V (from the AUTO or default voltage of 1.15V), which creates a .5V differential when the DRAM voltage is at 1.70V.

but why is it at 1.70v in the first place?...i have now set it manually to 1.65v

but why is it at 1.70v in the first place?...i have now set it manually to 1.65v
The board obviously overvolts the DRAM voltage when set to AUTO. Like you've already done, either manually adjust it to 1.65V or up the QPI / DRAM Core voltage to 1.20V.

The board obviously overvolts the DRAM voltage when set to AUTO. Like you've already done, either manually adjust it to 1.65V or up the QPI / DRAM Core voltage to 1.20V.

should i keep it at 1.64 or set it to 1.65v ?

Most board only allow .02 increments, so it would be 1.66. QPI/DRAM has to be within .5. With DRAM @ 1.7 QPI at or above 1.2 is fine. I prefer a smaller spread than .5 for a buffer zone.

Back