• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lead Seniors for this forum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
The lead seniors basically take the lead for their subforums. They help out, keep track if stickies are up to date, need removed, help with spam, etc.

Just a quote as to part of what us Lead Seniors are to be for our respective subforums.

Applications and Software now has a Lead Senior! TollhouseFrank (me).

Part of what we are being asked to do is to step up take up a leadership role of our (self) chosen areas. We are being asked to help improve the areas we felt we were best at helping and part of that is, as the mods gave in the description to us, helping out (obviously :D ), helping make sure the stickies are up to date, or need combined, unstickied, etc.... to help keep spam/threadcrapping to a minimum, and possible other things we don't know about yet but will probably figure out as we go along. :attn:

In the past when I was asked to help organize subforums or when asking to form one, one of the big things that i made sure was covered was that the stickies were up to date, or if not up to date, replaced with ones that were. One of the better ideas i used once in years past was with fellow member Dark_15 was to combine stickies that were similar to cut down from say, 3 to 1 or from 2 to 1.

I'd like to ask if there are any volunteers who would like to help with this? Any suggestions as to combining stickies, reformatting current ones, or possibly getting rid of stickies that are no longer relevant or adding stickies for application/software issues that we have now but didn't have in years past?

All input is welcome, and if you are willing but are insure how to proceed, I can help. ;) Some of our stickies here are years old and it would be nice to see some fresh new faces step up and make some more awesome contributions to OCF.

edit

Forgot to add, we have 2 "Floating" Senior Leaders who chose to help in general instead of asking to help a specific subforum and they are EnablingWolf and Splat

The other Senior Leads will let themselves be known soon enough to their respective subforums of choice, i'm sure.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to help but am unsure how to proceed. If you have anything in mind that i would be able to help with id be happy to assist.

i'm getting ready to hit the bed... long day tomorrow ahead of me...

but just think of things that we could do to help improve this section of OCF. maybe we need a thread dedicated to Open Source software (that could end up as a sticky)... maybe we need a sticky dedicated to the best software in various categories for a pc (everything from Antivirus to System utilities to business etc...)....

Could always have someone willing to volunteer to go through the stickies and make sure they have working links, or to see if they could be combined to be easier to read or to find information.

Back