• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultima 90 on a i7 930?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerfbacon

as the topic may indicate, will running an i7 930 with an ultima 90 be enough cooling? I dont really plan on overclocking the computer(at least not right away) and have the heatsink on a overclocked e6850 that will be replaced by the new setup.

Planning on buying - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...s_HR-01_Plus_HR-01_4U_HR-01_3U_Ultima-90.html
so that i can mount the ultima and would really like to stick with it if it will cool well enough as it fits nicely in my case.

I would imagine if you aren't overclocking it would suffice, but when the OC'ing bug hits you, I'd replace it with something better.

That's looks like a really nice bolt through mounting kit. I wonder if it's better than what my Prolimatech Megahalems comes with and if would work in place of the stock hardware?

Back