• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help cooling my i7 7700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Perhaps, but we all know that you can used the same spreading method three times with the same cooler and get three different results.

thats not 100% accurate you'll get 4 different results :D

plus I gotsta bust Dino's nuts from time to time less he thinks he knows whats he's taking about.

:rofl:

Before the CM 212 evo there was the CM 212 Plus I think. It had a problem with an uneven bottom plate and it definitely need the cracks filled in before mounting. In fact, it was so uneven that the blob method often didn't work at all because the ridges blocked the spread from mounting pressure. I think CM fixed that and rebranded it the "Evo."

Ehh, if the stock intel cooler is enough (it is), why wouldn't the Hyper 212 be good enough????? Can't say I follow that 'logic'.

Either the mount or thermal paste application was bad here gents.......................................or as he said, he didn't use any paste (wow!). Either way, a Hyper212 is plenty good enough for stock and some decent overclocking as well. :)

Ehh, if the stock intel cooler is enough (it is), why wouldn't the Hyper 212 be good enough????? Can't say I follow that 'logic'.

Either the mount or thermal paste application was bad here gents.......................................or as he said, he didn't use any paste (wow!). Either way, a Hyper212 is plenty good enough for stock and some decent overclocking as well. :)

Right, my guess is some TIM will help just a little bit, lol.

The 7700k doesn't have a "stock cooler." It ships retail without a cooler.

Well aware... just saying if the stock intel cooler (that doesnt come with it) is enough, and it is, the hyper 212 can do fine job.

Sorry, ive seen people use them before. :)

Yeah, any Intel OEM cooler that fits the cooler mount hole pattern will probably be sufficient at stock frequencies and voltages. I agree.

Back