• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Win 7 x64 missing ole32.dll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evermind

Registered
So, my little cousin was using my PC today, and when I got home I come to find out that I cannot launch any programs. I'm getting an error message saying that the program cannot start because ole32.dll is missing or corrupt. (come to find out it seems like it might just be flat missing).

I've tried:
chkdsk /R and /B
sfc /scannow
nod32 command line scan in safe mode (Malwarebytes wont start. Even in safemode I get the ole32.dll is missing or corrupt error)

So, not really sure what I'm dealing with, but sounds like the dll is just flat out missing. I figure I have bigger problems than just replacing this dll, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway just in case.

So, would someone with Windows 7 64-bit mind checking in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit version of system32) and seeing if they have an ole32.dll in there.

If so, would they mind uploading it or sending me a pm and I can give you my email address to send it to.

Appreciate any help....if this works, it would save me a lot of headache of doing a clean install, don't really have the time or patience for that right now.

Nevermind, got it from a friend.

Seems to have worked, smooth sailing so far.

@Evermind... I had this dll failed error..i think best way is .. you can download this dll file from main official website... and then drop it to your windows system folder....

Last edited:
Back