• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incompatibility ram for p55 and mobo am3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k88

I recently bought: Patriot viper II sector 5 4gb ddr3 1600mhz cl8 1.65V for my m4a89gtd pro usb3 in the forum of patriot they explain me that the series I have is for P55 and I have an am3 mobo, My question IS if could be some trouble of incompatibility if the memory was designed for p55, thanks in advanced

I recently bought: Patriot viper II sector 5 4gb ddr3 1600mhz cl8 1.65V for my m4a89gtd pro usb3 in the forum of patriot they explain me that the series I have is for P55 and I have an am3 mobo, My question IS if could be some trouble of incompatibility if the memory was designed for p55, thanks in advanced

I think you will be fine, Patriot seems like pretty flexible RAM in my opinion.

Yes, but I already have the RAM, and the problems still there... I tried with 1333mhz 7-7-7-21 and 1.65V and I have bsod, I run prime95 for stress test and the pc restarts, any idea why? my vcore is 1.34V the default for phenom II x4 955

Yes, but I already have the RAM, and the problems still there... I tried with 1333mhz 7-7-7-21 and 1.65V and I have bsod, I run prime95 for stress test and the pc restarts, any idea why? my vcore is 1.34V the default for phenom II x4 955

I didn't realize your were already having issues. Sorry, didn't understand your first post.

Hmmm, what slots do you have them in? What CPU/NB voltage?

1.34v...for the 055BE...I thought they ran 1.375?

Sorry my english, I have tried in the blue ones, then in the black (were I have this days) I left you the specs of what you asked me:

* CPU offset voltage 1.344
* CPU/NB offset voltage 1.100
* CPU VDDA VOLTAGE 2.484
* HT voltage 1.193
* NB voltage 1.187
* NB 1.8V voltage 1.800
I think NB voltage is a little bit lower... but I don´t know which values I ´ve to change, another question if you can help me, I have the two sticks installed, but windows recognize me 3.25GB and I´m using a OS x64....

Sorry my english, I have tried in the blue ones, then in the black (were I have this days) I left you the specs of what you asked me:

* CPU offset voltage 1.344
* CPU/NB offset voltage 1.100
* CPU VDDA VOLTAGE 2.484
* HT voltage 1.193
* NB voltage 1.187
* NB 1.8V voltage 1.800
I think NB voltage is a little bit lower... but I don´t know which values I ´ve to change, another question if you can help me, I have the two sticks installed, but windows recognize me 3.25GB and I´m using a OS x64....

Hmmm, will it run ok with 1 stick? If so I would look into a BIOS update. The next thing I would guess is bad ram...or ram incompatability. This will be the first time I've everheard of Patriot RAm not working in a certain motherboard.

Hmmm, will it run ok with 1 stick? If so I would look into a BIOS update. The next thing I would guess is bad ram...or ram incompatability. This will be the first time I've everheard of Patriot RAm not working in a certain motherboard.

I have the latest BIOS, run ok with 1 stick in blue and with the same stick in the black, and ok I tried the another stick in the blue first and then in the black, and the PC is running fine with 2gb of ram, but when I have the 4gb (two sticks) restarts and bsod, I run memtest86+ and no errors with the same configuration of the patriot site, tested the two sticks individually 0 errors. :shrug:

I have the latest BIOS, run ok with 1 stick in blue and with the same stick in the black, and ok I tried the another stick in the blue first and then in the black, and the PC is running fine with 2gb of ram, but when I have the 4gb (two sticks) restarts and bsod, I run memtest86+ and no errors with the same configuration of the patriot site, tested the two sticks individually 0 errors. :shrug:

Darn...well, I would wait for some others to chime in, but it does sound like a compatability issue. My last best guess is to raise you CPU/NB voltage a bit, perhaps that RAm just needs a bit more to run with your CPU. I would contact Patriot and your Mobo manufacturer directly....via e-mail. sorry. :rain:

I passed memtest again, with the two sticks and the errors came out (2022 total), the strange thing is that separate give no errors... I dont know what believe :cry:

I passed memtest again, with the two sticks and the errors came out (2022 total), the strange thing is that separate give no errors... I dont know what believe :cry:

It is strange...I have never seen Patriot Ram have a compatability issue...except with some of their old uber high voltage Ddr2 1200 sticks.

Make this "CPU/NB offset voltage 1.100" up to 1.15-1.2v and see what happens. You might be one of the unlucky fellows with "Intel" designed RAM that just doesn't like your mobo. I bet Patriot will swap you out if you contact them.

I think the same.... is strange, but what you think is the problem of my ram? because I tested yesterday the another kit same speed, timming voltage and no errors, and mines tons of errors, that means that my are defective?

I think the same.... is strange, but what you think is the problem of my ram? because I tested yesterday the another kit same speed, timming voltage and no errors, and mines tons of errors, that means that my are defective?

If another set of the same stuff worked perfectly...then yea, I would have to assume you just got a bad set.

If I test with one stick with prime95 for 8hrs in 1st and 3rd slot, then the other stick in the same order and same hour, and pass the test with no freezes, that means that could be a problem of memtest? and the ram will work perfectly with a good configuration on BIOS? NB/CPU voltage, NV voltage. DRAM voltage and timmings, would work or doesn´t?

I tested yesterday and today, and one stick is bad because with prime95 give hardware failure, :( I think it wasn´t incompatibility with my mobo

Back