• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Shields up) Starcraft II... Paaaants

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

That's right. I don't like it. I loved SC1. I lost way too much of my life to it sixteen years ago. SC2... I mean... wow. Sure, the balance is good, the combat is good... but what the frig man... The graphics engine is just sad. World in Conflict from 2007 kills it... Heck even Dawn of War from 2004 can hold a candle to it reasonably well. The in engine cut scenes range from meh to horrible. Some NPC characters look like they were modeled in 2003. Really really half baked graphics engine. It plays like SC1... but it just looks soooo hoorrible. "Ultra" settings don't look particularly ultra. Maybe if it were four years ago. And yes, I realise it still runs silky smooth with the entire screen crawling with units. So does World in Conflict. And they look better. And it's three years old. :chair:

That's right. I don't like it. I loved SC1. I lost way too much of my life to it sixteen years ago. SC2... I mean... wow. Sure, the balance is good, the combat is good... but what the frig man... The graphics engine is just sad. World in Conflict from 2007 kills it... Heck even Dawn of War from 2004 can hold a candle to it reasonably well. The in engine cut scenes range from meh to horrible. Some NPC characters look like they were modeled in 2003. Really really half baked graphics engine. It plays like SC1... but it just looks soooo hoorrible. "Ultra" settings don't look particularly ultra. Maybe if it were four years ago. And yes, I realise it still runs silky smooth with the entire screen crawling with units. So does World in Conflict. And they look better. And it's three years old. :chair:

Hahahaha! You're like 100 years late to the party. :p

I was the first (but not the only) one to critique Starcraft 2 way back in like august... it's december now.

I don't think there's anything to be said about Starcraft 2 that hasn't already been covered in posts, comments, and even cartoons.

UMS in SC2 > SC1 but gameplay (melee) in SC1 > SC2 IMO.

Im honestly a little disappointed in it. I think it was just too little too late. They took 12 years from the Brood War expansion to put out a sequel and I believe its something that could have been producted 5-6 years ago w/ the same quality (we should be on SC3 by now, something INCREDIBLE).

All in all, I was DIEING for this game and now that I have it I dont play it all that often. Im diamond in my 2v2 league, platinum 1v1 (only played like 6 games) so its not like I suck and cant compete its just not that fun. I do play UMS a bit more though.

Nobody plays World in Conflict. I guess it couldn't hold its own beyond just a benchmark.

I think its a great game still.......but yea just came out way too late. I remember I was all pumped up in 2006 when they had that marine hell, its about time teaser trailer, but then it took another 4 years until the actually release. By then I was pretty whatever about the game.

I still played it a lot for 2 months but then quickly grew tired of it. Now I am really waiting for the next expansion, hopefully with new units. I do not think it is anywhere close to as popular as sc1 where everyone you knew and their moms were playing it.

I think its a great game still.......but yea just came out way too late. I remember I was all pumped up in 2006 when they had that marine hell, its about time teaser trailer, but then it took another 4 years until the actually release. By then I was pretty whatever about the game.

I still played it a lot for 2 months but then quickly grew tired of it. Now I am really waiting for the next expansion, hopefully with new units. I do not think it is anywhere close to as popular as sc1 where everyone you knew and their moms were playing it.

This is what i'm afraid of with diablo 3 lol. Been waiting for a new diablo forever and just starting to wonder....

Hahahaha! You're like 100 years late to the party. :p

I was the first (but not the only) one to critique Starcraft 2 way back in like august... it's december now.

I don't think there's anything to be said about Starcraft 2 that hasn't already been covered in posts, comments, and even cartoons.

Well, in that case nobody should ever talk about a subject that's been talked about before :p :chair:

Back