• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Borderlands Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

When I re load the game, why do I start back at the beginning of the map...it can be really tedious to run past all the same enemies even though the game is saved near the end of the map?!?!?

This game has some quirks that I dont get...again, even though my progress is saved, the same loot is re spawned, same enemies. talking about loot...its almost like there is too much. It does not seem like much of a challenge.
Im just curious, been playing it for a while and really enjoying it....just the things I mentioned really bug me.

The loading is just how the game works. It is really not that bad in vanilla, but the DLC tend to make you travel a long ways. There are user created maps that help fix the problem by giving you portals to different places on the maps.

The game spawns you to the closest new-u station on the map. Normally there is only one unless it is a one of the bigger maps.

The point of the loot and enemies re spawning is to give the game more replay value. If the chests did not re-spawn how would you farm for loot, a major point of the game. Also if the enemies did not respawn the game would get boring really fast.

There is supposed to be a ton of loot, another major feature of the game. I just ignore just about everything that is not blue or better, unless my weapons suck. I do agree that the game is too easy. You can always make it harder yourself, by doing things like using weak weapons or changing up the skills you have.

There is some user created content that is pretty fun. If interested check out the gearbox forums.

thank you! I have the game of the year version w/ all the DLC content. Playing through Clap Trap and the Dr. Neds Zombie thingy atm. I'm level 38...Ive just recently started playing again and just had to ask about the spawning thing. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

The thing about respawning and everthing is that there are more than 17 million different weapons. So, basically there's a 100% chance that all the weapons you have are not the same as mine.

Back