• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know anything about servers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoSway

Registered
Long story short the little server at my work went down and they were going to throw it away. Instead they let me keep it tinker with, but i dont know a single thing about servers. Here is what it is doing:
I hit the power button and everything fires up
It pass the screen that says "Fedora" and hit any key to enter bios.
After that it hits this weird screen will all this info i have no idea about. I took a picture of the screen. One is the entire screen and the second is the close up of the bottom of the same screen. If anyone has an idea please help me out. If anything it had a 75 gig raptor that i think should be salvageable but it would be nice if i can get this thing up and running. Let me know what you think, thanks guys

Attachments

• use1.jpg
    use1.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 64
  • use2.jpg
    use2.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 61
Those errors look like it cannot find the hard disk properly, or something has happened to the disk (bad sectors or otherwise).
You could try a fresh install of Fedora or whatever server OS you want to try.

yah i plugged the hard disk into my other system and it did the exact same thing. I will try and find a free server OS and try reinstalling and let know know how it goes. Thanks

Hey man, try checking the hdd for bad sectors and whatnot, you probably have a bad drive that is corrupting the os boot files.

yah i plugged the hard disk into my other system and it did the exact same thing. I will try and find a free server OS and try reinstalling and let know know how it goes. Thanks

If you have a student email address Server 208 R2 can be dl'ed for free from Microsoft Dreamspark.

Back