• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good non-conductive thermal grease?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I'm installing an EK waterblock on my 6950 and there is a section that says that they highly recommend using small droplets of non-conductive thermal grease over each phase regulator. Would the Arctic MX-2 that came with the EK CPU block be good for that? I also have some MASSCOOL G751 Shin-Etsu Thermal Interface Material. Would either work well in that situation, or should I buy something else?

either will work. IIRC the mx-2 is a bit thicker and might be better for what you're doing.

Arctic Silver 5 shelf life

I have a question about using Arctic Silver 5. I have some left over from previous builds, but it's now several years old. I assume it doesn't "go bad" or anything, right? (wow, this has gotta be a real n00b question. LOL :rolleyes: )

I have a question about using Arctic Silver 5. I have some left over from previous builds, but it's now several years old. I assume it doesn't "go bad" or anything, right? (wow, this has gotta be a real n00b question. LOL :rolleyes: )

this should be in it's own thread on the main cooling boards...no reason to hijack someone else's thread. AS5 is old and quite outperformed these days anyways, just buy some new stuff.

Thanks m0r7if3r, I bought a new tube of Arctic Cooling MX-4. I'll ditch the old stuff. This is for a 2600k cooled by an H60 water cooler. There, I said water cooler so this wouldn't be in the wrong thread. :D

Back