• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MedRed's Watercooled i7: Ice Ice Baby

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see a mac!!! You better pick a different forum boy!!! ;)

Srsbsns, I love your build, still one I come back to look at and refer people to pretty regularly!

The mac stays! lol

Thanks for the love man. I can't wait to debut the next phase of this build.

Good news and bad news

Good news. I hooked up everything, and it works great! my flowmeter is spinning more than TWICE as fast when I just had one pump. I'm super stoked.

The Bad news.
A: I updated my bios and my old OC profiles don't work anymore :-(... For some reason it no longer likes similar settings when I manually add them. I'm going to have to spend some time redoing my overclock profiles.

B: I'm thinking I might have tightened my CPU block down too much which caused my motherboard to not recognize my RAM. I loosened it up and I show 6 gigs again. The problem is I seem to have messed up the seal with the Indigo Xtreme by doing so. I'm going to have to drain the system , clean the block/cpu, and redo my Indigo Xtreme... Sigh!

All the kinks have been worked out! Here is Ice Cube 2.0

oibpcw.jpg
29w1v1j.jpg

aczpzo.jpg
xbl63t.jpg
13z4vw7.jpg
i59jsz.jpg

2ptz57m.jpg
v8pw9k.jpg

My silver kill coil
28ixno3.jpg

2wbvqdl.jpg
zyan7l.jpg

2ujs8kk.jpg

This is my trap door to the inside. It's messy right now... I'll clean it up during phase 2.5
14kgy3c.jpg

hawt! Are there any dual rotaries in there, or did you managed to get everything lined up right without em?

Thanks m0r7if3r!

I was able to get everything lined up right with just extenders and rotary 90 degrees. As I built everything, if it didn't look right, I just added or removed extenders. I also used some double ended male and double ended female pieces for long stretches of fittings.

Today, my first loop, was demoted to secondary duties. I yanked all of the water cooling and added an H100i to it. I'm running a 5770 until I order an Arctic Aerocool to cover the 5870. The EK block on the CPU still looks great, but the 5870 block has some heavy corrosion in it.

I'm going to make this rig into something fairly pedestrian. I'll keep the case and maybe do something custom with it again.

All of that being said... I am preparing for my next build! I plan on taking things to the next level. Stay tuned!

Looks like we built ours at nearly the same time. My EK HF block is still in great shape to this day as well. I am running an i7 920 @ 4.2GHz.

Back