• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IRISHxINSURGENT

Now I'm thinking on getting a new gaming pc with a Intel i7 990X Extreme Edition CPU. Now this CPU on stock settings would be running at 3.46GHz. But I do plan on over clocking this CPU to around 4.0GHz. What would be the best CPU cooler for me in this situation? If your wondering Price and room in my full tower case is not an issue. I will have two ASUS Geforce Gtx 590 video cards, Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600MHz on a ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard. So just keep in mind that I do not want this CPU cooler to touch my components.

If you have any suggestions please notify me. Thank you! :)

There is another thread currently discussing the benefits of a 990x, for what you want out of it there is no reason for you to spend a grand on a single processor when you could spend a quarter of that on a 2500k/2600k and get similar/better performance.

also, what resolution will you be running at? Unless you are running at some extraordinary resolution I think that dual 590s will be complete overkill.

cooler master v6 / v8 / v6gt i think there is a v10?

great :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing coolers with a badass look!!

Back