• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB quick question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GAZ_XB9R

Registered
I'm running an i7 X58 rig at the moment but may upgrade.

What are the basic differences between P67 / Z68 / H67 motherboards? I know, chipsets.

But why would we want one over the others?

A i7-920 with a decently high overclock, around 4GHz, isn't going to bottleneck anything anytime soon. It's pretty pointless to upgrade, you're not getting much of an improvement. Wait for Sandy Bridge-E or Ivy Bridge would be my recommendation.

A i7-920 with a decently high overclock, around 4GHz, isn't going to bottleneck anything anytime soon. It's pretty pointless to upgrade, you're not getting much of an improvement. Wait for Sandy Bridge-E or Ivy Bridge would be my recommendation.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna upgrade my graphics on air and watercool the i7 920 as the block is useable on LGA1155 as well so should be transferable to the next rig.

It's going to be a new socket, LGA2011. But most blocks will come out with a new mount. :thup:

According to Intel, 1366 isn't dead yet. SB was not meant to compete with X58, it was supposed to replace the midrange segment where 1156 lay. LGA 2011 will be the "true" replacement to X58.

It's going to be a new socket, LGA2011. But most blocks will come out with a new mount. :thup:

According to Intel, 1366 isn't dead yet. SB was not meant to compete with X58, it was supposed to replace the midrange segment where 1156 lay. LGA 2011 will be the "true" replacement to X58.

Good info thanks for that.

Back