• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I've just bought a refurbished hp laptop to replace one that just died. The old one had a dual core p4 in it and ran windows 7 just fine. This one has a slightly more advanced core duo 1.83ghz and I've upgraded the ram to 2GB. It came with windows xp home premium but I'm thinking of going to windows 7 since I have a copy. Thing is there's no drivers on the HP site (HP NC6400) for win 7 only vista. They should work but I duno. MS was pretty good about compatibility this time around. I'd rather not have issues and there is other software installed. Also there is a couple of unusual things like a fingerprint scanner and infrared and I'd like for them to work as well. So far I'm leaning toward leaving well enough alone. Thoughts?

pop win 7 on it.... you dont have to activate or even put in a key to install it... see if its all comptibile and go from there... win 7 is far better than xp... even on aged hardware... so long as you have the ram which you do.. 2gb is plenty for a system with light to mid usage.

Back