• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with our nearly 50% drop in points??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

A few days ago we were hitting 6.2 million now we are down to 3.6 million.....WHAT HAPPENED?? :fight:

Bigadv changed base point value, by a lot I guess.

That, at least, is my guess as to what happened, I know bigadv points are dropping sometime, sounds like nowish.

Bigadv changed base point value, by a lot I guess.

That, at least, is my guess as to what happened, I know bigadv points are dropping sometime, sounds like nowish.

This is a big part of it. I think that member participation has a lot to do with it as well. Our number of active folders is a lot lower than it used to be.:(

This is a big part of it. I think that member participation has a lot to do with it as well. Our number of active folders is a lot lower than it used to be.:(

Plus, it's getting to the dog days of summer in the US and temps and power bills are probably kicking arse on people. I know I've shut down systems from Rosetta due to the heat and power usage.

Plus, it's getting to the dog days of summer in the US and temps and power bills are probably kicking arse on people. I know I've shut down systems from Rosetta due to the heat and power usage.
It's not only the US man, I'm up to 80 in the mountains of Quebec and the next 5 days appears to be the same. I've just put my WU's one oneunit as my 8K BTU machine is struggling in a 400 sq.ft. room. I like to fold but this is too expensive ATM.

Same here, heavy summer days = no folding.

80F? LOL

It's been 110F+ last couple of weeks here with a record 118F 2 Saturdays ago. Plus, I've had problems with my GPU client and then my VM Player crashed and I just don't want to hassle with it anymore.

I think I'm done Folding for at least until summer is here.

80F? LOL

It's been 110F+ last couple of weeks here with a record 118F 2 Saturdays ago. Plus, I've had problems with my GPU client and then my VM Player crashed and I just don't want to hassle with it anymore.

Hehe, that's our 'Dog days of summer up here'.:D I'd die @110 but it has been upto 95 once, I had no A/C and the only way I survived was by draping a soaking wet bath towel over my shoulders/with a fan and cooling my wrists under cold well water until I couldn't stand the pain.

It gets pretty gross here too. 35-45c with the humidex lately, and no ac, ugh.

Cmon -40! :D

At least when its cold you have the will to survive :thup:

Im running stock clocks, with all the powersave stuff.. I have 4 fans pointed at my couch, its like doing 55 with the top down, but in my liveing room :)

80F? LOL

It has been warm here, that's for sure. It's kind of funny calling a 104°F day a nice cool day.:p I haven't been able to fold for quite some time, due to my ridiculous power bill, and that's just to cover the AC.:bang head By the way, I live in Tempe.:D

It has been warm here, that's for sure. It's kind of funny calling a 104°F day a nice cool day.:p I haven't been able to fold for quite some time, due to my ridiculous power bill, and that's just to cover the AC.:bang head By the way, I live in Tempe.:D

But at least it's a dry heat :facepalm:

:rofl::rofl:

You should get a good dose of the humidity we have to go with your heat, deadly. I have a window unit in my computer room to keep temps in check and since it overhangs my front porch, I keep a plastic tray under it to collect the condensation so it won't rot the wood on my porch. And this time of the year I dump 4-5 gallons of condensed water out of the tray every day.:bang head Our temps have been running in the mid to upper 90's for the last few weeks. Before that, it was getting in the 100's but the humidity was a bit lower too and while it was hot as hell, it wasn't as oppressive as now. Plus, I've been chopping out cypress tree knees out of my yard to keep from tearing my lawnmower up and that crap is killing me.:-/ I am more tempted every day to take a chainsaw to all those damn cypress trees just to not fight those damn knees surfacing in the yard. They play hell on a lawnmower.

Yeah it got real hot here today. ~73 degree high temp. Even had a light rain yesterday. Full speed ahead.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware for any -bigadv action. With the points adjustments, People aren't going to be as motivated to build SB farms.

But at least it's a dry heat :facepalm:

:rofl::rofl:

You should get a good dose of the humidity we have to go with your heat, deadly. I have a window unit in my computer room to keep temps in check and since it overhangs my front porch, I keep a plastic tray under it to collect the condensation so it won't rot the wood on my porch. And this time of the year I dump 4-5 gallons of condensed water out of the tray every day.:bang head Our temps have been running in the mid to upper 90's for the last few weeks. Before that, it was getting in the 100's but the humidity was a bit lower too and while it was hot as hell, it wasn't as oppressive as now. Plus, I've been chopping out cypress tree knees out of my yard to keep from tearing my lawnmower up and that crap is killing me.:-/ I am more tempted every day to take a chainsaw to all those damn cypress trees just to not fight those damn knees surfacing in the yard. They play hell on a lawnmower.

I did live outside of Fayetteville, AR for a few years, and also lost about a week of my life in New Orleans for Mardi Gras one year, and trust me, I handle the AZ sun a lot better than I did tne humidity of the south. It does get to be very brutal here within the next month or so, when the monsoon season hits. Then we have to deal with the Arizona heat, with a large dose of humidity. But the winters here are very nice.:D

Yeah it got real hot here today. ~73 degree high temp. Even had a light rain yesterday. Full speed ahead.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware for any -bigadv action. With the points adjustments, People aren't going to be as motivated to build SB farms.

I was actually born at RVMC, and lived in Medford til I was about 14. I know the weather there can be quite warm as well. I actually kind of wish I could be back in that climate again, but don't think I care to go back to Medford. I do head back every once in a while to visit (my grandparents still live there), but I don't think I would want to move back to the area permanently. I may have to send you a PM the next time I know I will be up that way.:D

If i were folding, i'd have to stop... pushing 100+ for a few hours a day mostly since summer started. It already gets up to 80F in my house in the heat of the day, and the computer room is even hotter with the computers idle... i'd be having thermal shut downs if i were to try folding on my i7. Just the GPU under load from a game adds 4F to the room temp after an hour or so.

Summer...and sfu has finally shut down his farm. If I had not moved from GPU to bigadv, the heat would have forced me to shut down by now. I don't know how I kept them running last summer. If you look on the EOC a few pretty big names are down for the summer.

Summer...and sfu has finally shut down his farm. If I had not moved from GPU to bigadv, the heat would have forced me to shut down by now. I don't know how I kept them running last summer. If you look on the EOC a few pretty big names are down for the summer.

I had to shut down. It was getting way to hot where my farm is. All of my machines kept locking up because of the heat. It was getting to over a 100F in the shop where they were running. I figured it was better to shut them down rather than fry them all. When the weather starts to cool off I will fire them back up.

You could move your farm to a place where icecream is stored or a meat locker to keep the farm cool, but then that might melt the icecream or cook the meat :rofl: :chair: :comp:

I had to shut down. It was getting way to hot where my farm is. All of my machines kept locking up because of the heat. It was getting to over a 100F in the shop where they were running. I figured it was better to shut them down rather than fry them all. When the weather starts to cool off I will fire them back up.

Ah that explains why you fell off the radar. Well at least you have plenty of time to do maintenance and updates. BTW what OS are you folding in?

Back