• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mint Firefox search issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madmike2

Wow. This Mint google search thing is driving me nuts. SOme of the add ons i am trying will not work if that pops up. If it does not all is good. I have tried the three ways i could find to undo it but its not happening. Anyone use Opera alot? I might just make that my default browser and not just uninstall Mint 11.

And yes i found out thats how they make some cash. But i would rather pay/donate money then be forced to endure that layout and not be able to use some add ons.

It was driving me nuts as well, but I figured out how to get around that.

Use this add-on to add another, "normal", google search to your search box in the top right. Then, delete the old google search in "manage search engines..." and set the new one to the default. You can even uninstall the add-on used to get the "normal" google search now if you want.

Back