• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First OC on Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dalton82

Hey guys/ Gals this is my First OC on a Q6600 and i cant beleave how hi i got it. I did a 48 hour test to test the stability and its good.. Heres screen shots.
overclock2.jpg

ill post that when i get home im at work right know.. 4.8Ghz is amazing i still cant beleave it at all but i guess the numbers dont lie lol... I have never OC a computer yea i work around them non stop "Im a IT" but never this.. Im gonna buy a 1366 mother board for my E5520 Xeon and see what i can get out of it..

makes sense as to the good OC. Im trying to get a new 775 board with a decent chipset to OC all my processors i have lying around in the house :L got about 4 decent overclockers.

erm, personally ive seen 4.5 on one i oc'd for a friend. but nothign more than that in person, heard alot of higher ones. think best ive heard of was about 5ghz.

Sorry to break it to you, but you did not do 4.8 on a Q6600. I had mine up to 4.9 on DICE and it is number 25 in the world. Don't know what you actually had it at until we see a CPUz screenshot, but I can guarantee it was not 4.8ghz. Especially after a 48hr test..

Oh and :welcome:

Sorry to break it to you, but you did not do 4.8 on a Q6600. I had mine up to 4.9 on DICE and it is number 25 in the world. Don't know what you actually had it at until we see a CPUz screenshot, but I can guarantee it was not 4.8ghz. Especially after a 48hr test..

Oh and :welcome:

LOL. i should have picked up on that :L

can't seem to find the site with all the records listed...perhaps someone else can post a link.

regardless I'm pretty sure an 800mhz fsb would be a world record or close to it.

can't seem to find the site with all the records listed...perhaps someone else can post a link.

regardless I'm pretty sure an 800mhz fsb would be a world record or close to it.

This website, maybe? ;)

800FSB would be INCREDIBLE. I highly doubt it is possible. Under dry ice with a Q6600 I hit 510FSB (on a TERRIBLE P45 motherboard, so bare with me) for a clock speed of 4590MHz. Remember that was on DICE and DICE temps, which is the only way it was possible.

@ The OP: Post up some pictures of CPU-Z. Show the "CPU" "Memory" and "SPD" tabs. You can run multiple instances of CPUZ to show all the tabs in one image instead of three.

EDIT: Here is the score I was talking about.

Last edited:
Back