• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking-FIRST ATTEMPT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NITRODUCK

Hello everyone, new to the forum but this looked like the place to be for information.

I just completed my first attempt at overclocking.
Let me start with my specs:
AMD FX-6100
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
GA-970A-UD3
OCZ 60Gb SSD
WD 1Tb HDD
XFX Radeo 6770
8Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz
Corsair 650W PSU

Also to mention, this is my first ever build.

The FX-6100 comes at 3.3 and right now I have it running stable at 4.03. I raised the multiplier a little bit and balanced raising the bus with it. I dropped the voltage down a little but from 1.4 to about 1.3. I seem to be idling around 24-25 celcius and I ran prime95 for aout 7 hours without is crashing. and temps maxed about 51 celcius.

I dont really know what I am asking lol, but I guess I am open to constructive criticism.

Normally when I simply up the multiplier on my 6100 to 4.0ghz i see the best stability at 1.42vcore. If I tweak my HT and northbridge I can get 4.0ghz at about 1.38vcore but anything under that isn't prime stable.

Your temps seem a bit high for just 4.0ghz. I've got a 212+ just like you and at 4.0Ghz with room temp around 68F I max out at around 43 or 44. You might want to take off that 212, clean the TIM off, and reapply to bring those temps down.

Also are you looking at core temps or CPU temps? Getting some screen shots from HWMonitor and CPUID would be sah-weet.

Ok, quick update. I am using Hardware Monitor right now and running prime95 and my core temps are hanging around 38c......using Gigabytes EasyTune6 utility it was showing me a cpu temp of 51c ...something is screwy...I cant take a screenshow right now I dont have the desktop online at the moment.

So it was showing 10-11c at idle for the core temps and 39-40c core temps under load running prime95 are these numbers accurate and do they sound good?

Back