• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LED fans for my rad??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Modz 4 Higher

I need 3 fans for my swiftech radiator. I want them bright red led so it will shine through the mesh on the front of my thermal take case. What fans that are good have a very high brightness to them? I don't want just lines of red I want the entire fan lit up red. Thanks!

Well there is so many thread on here about led in fans and the best fans don't come with led and the best fan are the Gently Typhoon and if you want led then mount some to the fan...
link for How to Add LEDs to Your Fans
Clicky

Try the Yate Loons, you have the choice of the low medium and high. I have 8 (4 X 120 and 4 X 140 mediums) in my new sytem and at 100% they are quieter then my torent box with a h100 and a 220mm fan about 6 feet away. Was very surprised at how quiet they were. they do glow very bright. I have not had the chance to upload pics as I just got the system running before heading out for the weekend will get some pics up soon.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_69&products_id=26717

I was about to suggest the Yate Loons too. From everything I've read in this forum, they're usually recommended second after the Scythe Gentle Typhoons for fans and are first for performance vs price ratio.

Also, as an FYI, I believe bumping threads is against the forum rules.

My bad on the bumping. I see folks do it all the time hence why I thought it was ok. Not trying to jump on anybodys nerves:D

Thanks for the replies tho. I'll go with Yate Loons

Edit: on the fans for my radiator do I want low, medium or high?

My bad on the bumping. I see folks do it all the time hence why I thought it was ok. Not trying to jump on anybodys nerves:D

Thanks for the replies tho. I'll go with Yate Loons

Edit: on the fans for my radiator do I want low, medium or high?

Depends on your heatload, what do your calculations show?

It also depends on your radiator's FPI. High FPI rads, like Swiftech's XP series, don't perform as well with low or medium speed fans.

And I hope I didn't come across as rude earlier. I was just informing is all :)

I will be using the Swiftech MCR320 QP not the XP. Not sure what you mean by calculations.

Quick question tho as I am trying to order something real quick, I am going to run the XSPC res that accepts one Laing DDC pump. I am going with the MCP355, once I mount this res on top of the pump, total how many fittings will I need for the pump/res? Do i just need 2 or will I need 4?

Thanks

You should know approximately what fan RPM will give you your desired dT on your chosen rad with your maximum heatload...if you don't know that, let alone what that means, you're nowhere near being ready to order any parts.

Okay I just need to know how many fittings I will need. I know the exact setup I want and have had several forum members here including yourself tell me that it will be a good setup for what I am looking to do. That is all I need to know right now. Thank you.

For the fittings on the res, I'm pretty sure you'll only need two: one for the inlet on the res and one for the outlet on the pump. The res attaches directly to the pump and replaces the top currently on it.

Back