• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop around 800 euros for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seffe

Hey everyone! My friend is looking for a laptop which has decent processor and good GPU. He wants proper cooling and good battery from his upcoming laptop. He will play FPS-games on his new laptop and he doesn't bring his laptop to school or do major school works on his laptop (some word essays only). Any suggestions?

I hate to be a ball buster but that doesn't exist. Laptops fall under 3 main catagories:

DTR (desktop replacement): Good for gaming, **** on battery power normally under 3hrs
Productivity / Business: Bad for gaming good for other stuff; battery power 3-5hrs
ULV / Ultrabook: Can be mediocre for gaming; excellent battery power normally 9hrs

That's really what you're left with. The closest thing that you will see to what you stated above would be something like an ultrabook, specifically an ivybridge based ultrabook with a mid range nvidia mobile chip like the 555M or 640M. Example:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/13/2868854/acer-aspire-timeline-ultra-m3-announce-kepler-gt-640M

Even still most mid range chips are only about the equivalent of a 550GTX in a best case scenerio and they sure as **** are a lot more than $800 :(

I hate to be a ball buster but that doesn't exist. Laptops fall under 3 main catagories:

DTR (desktop replacement): Good for gaming, **** on battery power normally under 3hrs
Productivity / Business: Bad for gaming good for other stuff; battery power 3-5hrs
ULV / Ultrabook: Can be mediocre for gaming; excellent battery power normally 9hrs

That's really what you're left with. The closest thing that you will see to what you stated above would be something like an ultrabook, specifically an ivybridge based ultrabook with a mid range nvidia mobile chip like the 555M or 640M. Example:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/13/2868854/acer-aspire-timeline-ultra-m3-announce-kepler-gt-640M

Even still most mid range chips are only about the equivalent of a 550GTX in a best case scenerio and they sure as **** are a lot more than $800 :(
Ok. I looked for the acer laptop but it costs way too much in my country (1200 euros). Can you give me a few links which have listed ultrabooks in it? Since I don't understand anything about laptops it comes handy. Thanks

Back