• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2100+ out march 4th, 1.4Ghz Duron out March 18th...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I know this isnt a real deal to almost anyone since we all know there isnt really any point for an overclocker to even bother with this piece of garbage :( OK, I dont mean that but for the overclocking potential, it sickens me! Come on lads, lets see the XP2200+ T-bred and then the garbege will be removed!:)

The 1.4GHz Duron on the other hand will come with a brand spankinggg new stepping which will bring it up to 1.6GHz with a little vcore and some moderate cooling.

My local bestc store has the 1.73GHz Palominos in stock March 4th, I take it AMD will announce it March 4th also;)

EDIT: Before you go out and buy an XP2100+, just thought to let you know that the overclocking potential is so weak that the chip can bearly hit 1.93GHz stable with 1.85V. To hit 2GHz, youll need some Liquid cooling and 2V which most people will not extreme too.

EDIT2: Before you try something dumb like the guys in bestpc did, I'd strongly recommend very good cooling before attempting 2GHz. Even @ 1.93GHz (133.33x14.5) on the SK-6 with 1.85Vcore, the Palomino got up to 53c on there test system. Thats insane!

If you can bit a stick till the first week of april, youll get an XP1900 T-bred for half the price which will be capable of well over 2GHz+ overclocking potential. Its an easy choice for 99.9% of us.

AXIA

i think i seen that the 2100+ comes with a new stepping :) i think i will look for that on lower xp's if anything then just switch in the tbred when it comes in april

Sure thing ..cos currently XP2100 are the last in the seria and have a low o/c potential. We will see new chips soon and I believe we will see nice overclockability again.

VotTak said:
Sure thing ..cos currently XP2100 are the last in the seria and have a low o/c potential. We will see new chips soon and I believe we will see nice overclockability again.

Well, for the most case that's true.... but remember the 1.4ghz's? They still overclocked quite well. Albeit, not as much as the 1 GHz AXIA or something (which reached 1.6 with pretty much no problem) it still would overclock to 1.8 or so. I bet the 2100+ Will hit 2ghz, as quite a few people have done it with the 2000+.

Back