• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Staring an application remotely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

realmadrid12

Hey guys quick question for you all....

We have a program that backs up our employees data when they arent using there PCs. The problem comes in when we first get them setup on the software.

I can either use psexec to install it or SCCM. The problem is we need to start the program as the user logged in to the computer currently.

Now I can remote to each pc and start the program but thats very time consuming when you have hundreds of PCs. What I would like is a way to remotely start this application as the logged on user. 1) is that even possible with out the users password 2) if it is possible what would be the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance!:thup:

Figured out a way to accomplish this. We are using SCCM to push a batch script, the msi installer and a vbs script.

SCCM starts the vbs script which allows the batch file to run hidden. It installs the program, detects what OS it is (XP or 7) and than runs the program at the correct path. I noticed there are alot of views on the thread so I figured I would post the solution I used.

If anyone would like to see the code let me know

Back