• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig...Help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1llnyou

Registered
I'll start with specs.
Mobo-Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
CPU-AMD Fx6100
RAM-Corsair XMS3 32gb (4X8GB)*HELP*
Card-GTX550Ti
500W PSU (Used to have a 750, but shorted out and this seems to suffice quite well)
HDDs-1 Corsair SSD Series 3 120gb and a 1 TB

OK. Now my problem is with boot. I have succesfuly installed Windows 7 after 5 hours -_-, but here comes the good part. When using the full 32gb ram, it won't boot past windows starting and it won't load the start-up recovery *even after 20 min wait, halts at a full bar?* Anywho, I know everything with the mobo is fine because after looking around I found to help install 7, I would need to just use a 2gb stick *Windows wouldn't install for the longest time*. After install I made to be sure to update bios using Gigabytes In Windows update program *successful*. All drivers installed, but the system won't boot past the animation of 4 balls *Won't even load the balls, just black with the Starting Windows*. So I looked around again and found increased the voltage from 1.5-->1.55(DRAM voltage) and the other 1.00-->1.15 (I don't remember exactly what this was, but only voltage at 1) AND that didn't work. I tried safe mode, but it just freezes. So thats a no-go *I've tryed waiting for about 20 mins on that 3 times as well* I should mention that I have switched around the 4X*gb sticks 4 differnet times,each getting a slot they have never had before, which didn't work. I have also tryed using just 24gb but that doesn't work either.

For the moment, I'm just using 16gb in slots 1 and 2 and it's working like a charm..That SSD is lightning! But I want to know, given I only have so many years of experience compared to the likes I've seen on this forum, is there a way to make the 32gb ram work? I think I might leave it at 16gb(Sake of money, and to have as a backup XD), but 32gb is a tantalizing number. Help?
....Time to go look for those boxes..:facepalm:

Since, I was writing this after I got the RIG to start *I happen to have a laptop*, But when I went about my business on the RIG, I noticed that any most drivers after i switched from 32-->24-->32-->16gb were erased? I am not aware of how this happened. My Video card drivers and my overclocking program Easy Tune 6 drivers were erased. Don't know if this will help, but I decided to post since I couldn't seem to find a solution to work for me ANYWHERE.

Well now with 16gb It likes to lock up..Alot..And I don't supose after 60 views I shall be helped so you you people later.
EDIT-The problem may be fixed! I believe that one of the sticks is bad so I'll be testing that pair in another PC I'm building...But for now I was able to get 24GB by mixing memory..I used some 4GB pair Patriot @1333MHz in the primary DIMM modules! So now it works! I edited this just in case someone finally decided to say something. Whoo For Independence?

Last edited:
Back