• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone having driver issues with 7850?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micjmac

I think I may have driver issues with my card.

-When I go AFK, my display sometimes stays black when I return, forcing me to reboot
-Since turning off all overclocks, I can't play WoW on ultra at stock GPU and CPU clocks
-I randomly get hard lock ups in WoW stock and overclocked
-When I'm overclocked at the settings listed below, I can play WoW at 60FPS, but I will get random FPS spikes
-Battlefield 3 has been pretty good for me, but I sometimes get FPS spikes playing that, though I haven't played it in quite a while

Please help.

The not waking up from monitor sleep was a known bug in the 12.6 betas, I dont know if it persisted to the live driver or 12.7 beta because I turned off monitor sleep. If you can play bf3 overclocked without a crash but wow crashes at stock, you most likely have a driver issue. Best thing to do would be to try the 12.7 beta if that isnt whay you are using, or roll back to 12.3.

I've had this monitor sleep issue since I got my 7950 starting with 12.1-12.2. I haven't noticed if its gone away because I just turned off the power monitor off setting.

I just started getting the monitor bug today. Monitor wouldn't wake up, so I had to restart my computer.

I also have problems, and it seems only with a slight OC of 1050/1500 that sometimes when I do an option like open a picture, every now and then the entire screen turns biege and there are lines going horizontally on the biege, and I can't do anything so I have to restart...

I reverted back to the 12.3 drivers today and the screen would not display when I booted up, so I guess these don't work.

I stopped getting the failure to wake up crap after installing 12.6 - right now the only issue I have noticed is that the scaling for the monitor is screwed up on start up. I either have to change it manually in CCC, or sometimes it will correct itself.

Aside from that, I had some pretty bad stuttering issues on DoW Dark Crusade once or twice, but that game is a few years old so I didn't think anything of it.

I tried the 12.7 beta drivers and the wake-up symptom did not resurface iirc, however I started getting flickering line glitches across the bottom of my screen while playing WoW. I uninstalled 12.7 and deleted all the AMD/ATI registry entries (more thorough than driver cleaner according to an OCN guide) and installed 12.6. The problem is still there! This card has been nothing but headaches.

Last edited:
I'm on 12.8 now. WoW isn't hard locking anymore since I made the switch to DX9, but I get artifacts every now and then (like flickering black blotches). This card just does not like WoW. I haven't been on BF3 in a while, but I don't remember any issues with BF3 using this card.

Back