• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED SCREWED BY NEWEGG!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohns

Registered
I spent close to two thousand dollars with Newegg in two weeks. I purchased an Asus motherboard that I did not like so I called them and told them I wanted to return it. I took it out of computer case and inspected to make sure everything was perfect. Packed it up and shipped. One week later I am sent email with pictures of socket. It had massive damage to socket pins. I contacted them and said That damage was not on the board when I shipped. They called me a liar and said I would get it back.
I will make it my lifes mission to warn everybody that Newegg will screw you if one of their employees damage your motherboard. It could happen to you too. Now I am out 240.00. I have built fourty computers and have never damaged pins in socket. Without aking pictures and having a lawer present with three witnesses, your word means nothing to them. I could have purchased everything at a better price,at several other places.
Heed my warning! This could happen to you too, if you purchase from Newegg.

Sorry to hear that happened. Though I cant imagine its a remotely common practice. Thanks for the warning anyway. :)

Never had problems with Newegg thus far (phew). Only problem I ever had with a purchase was bent CPU pins from scumbag tiger direct. Nothing some good old patience and bending couldnt fix :p.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you though :(.

Can they provide pictures of the box?

I would highly suggest talking to the NewEgg representative that we have on the forums. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=58970

He hasn't been logged in since 04-27, so I'm not sure if he will get your message. They are usually pretty good when it comes to quality service, so I'm surprised to see this. I would also suggest talking to their chat/phone support again, asking for a manager. Remember to stay calm and nice, otherwise you will get no where (believe me, I work phone support!). Explain the situation as neutral as possible (not "you guys damaged it", etc) and see what he can do to help out.

Can they provide pictures of the box?

I would highly suggest talking to the NewEgg representative that we have on the forums. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=58970

He hasn't been logged in since 04-27, so I'm not sure if he will get your message. They are usually pretty good when it comes to quality service, so I'm surprised to see this. I would also suggest talking to their chat/phone support again, asking for a manager. Remember to stay calm and nice, otherwise you will get no where (believe me, I work phone support!). Explain the situation as neutral as possible (not "you guys damaged it", etc) and see what he can do to help out.

+1 to that. Newegg reps are always VERY nice. And best rule of thumb is always assume the guy you're talking to is TRYING to help you. So just be as nice as possible and as neutral as possible stating all the facts. Good luck :) :thup:

Never had problems with Newegg thus far (phew). Only problem I ever had with a purchase was bent CPU pins from scumbag tiger direct. Nothing some good old patience and bending couldnt fix :p.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you though :(.

Same. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them over the past 8 years.

I really hope that you get this sorted out in a satisfactory way, but if you can't; let it be a lesson and learn from it... You NEVER ship computer components back to sellers or manufacturers without taking pictures of the HW before shipping it (preferably High Res pics and closeups of sensitive areas like socket and serial number)... It is also advisable to let the other party know that you are doing this and provide them with copies of the pictures on a email before you ship the parts... That way you add a layer of protection showing that the part was in perfect shape before you packed/shipped it and any damage can then be blamed on carrier or the person on their end that did the unpacking. It may not be a guarantee that they will give up and replace the "damaged" part, but if they try to play the blame game with you; you can at least call them on their bluff. As it stands for your particular situation; it's a case of your word against theirs and you're almost always gonna lose that fight.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Like Thidares said try calling again & talk to a manager & definately keep your cool. It's amazing what can be accomplished with a solid rational counterpoint.

Kinda' wondering what they'd do if you told them that without the board you don't want any of the other items & requested RMAs on all of it. (as a last resort obviously) But then again that's a lot of money to have in limbo until who knows when.

Newegg Support

Hello Mrjohns,

We will be glad to assist you with this issue. We will be sending you a PM with further information so that we can acquire your order information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and will investigate this matter for you ASAP. Thank you.

Hello Mrjohns,

We will be glad to assist you with this issue. We will be sending you a PM with further information so that we can acquire your order information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and will investigate this matter for you ASAP. Thank you.

this is the first time i have seen happen on a forums i am on.

overclockers forums, i gotta admit, you remind me of "durara!", its cast, and its awesomeness. idk why but you just do. :thup:

Newegg Is Helping Me

WOW! That's service.. Go Newegg!! :thup:

Newegg rep Freddy Angel has come to my rescue and given me a refund for the motherboard. He has restored my faith in Newegg. I have purchased most of my computer supplies from them (if it was in stock) for many years and have always praised them for the fast shipping and quality of service. I will continue buying from them in the future.

Anybody ever noticed that every post like this is by a newly registered member? Google "screwed by newegg" or something like it and I bet you find lots of posts on different forums by guys with one post.

I wonder if it was a possible mix up on the rma number. could be that your order was mis-identified as anothers that did kill the socket.

nice to see the Egg on top of things.

Wow, that's great :thup: I like many have also spent a few thousand over time at New Egg and had nothing but good things and pleasant experiences. Of all of my purchases I have had 1 thats it 1 RMA back to New Egg.

It was for a case that UPS damaged in transit and 2 days after calling New Egg I had the UPS driver carrying my new case up the driveway and picking up the old one. It was precision. LOL

There will always be some exceptions but for the most part they always do what they can to help.

Bravo :clap:

Anybody ever noticed that every post like this is by a newly registered member? Google "screwed by newegg" or something like it and I bet you find lots of posts on different forums by guys with one post.

Brando,

It did not go unnoticed and was checked out via several methods before being allowed to continue.

RT

Its nice to know there is still reputable company's out there.Ive been with new egg for at least 10yrs and never had any problems from then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back