• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob seeking solid advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imsuchanoobi

So working doing a new build for a pc. finally gonna try and move away from my Q6600 build that was done in 2007.

I have a AMD 6950- 2gig card
Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II

I have the 3770k,
but right now im in a toss up of the Asus Sabertooth z77 or the Asus Z77 V-pro

Cooling is Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

The machine im building is mostly for gaming just stuck on what board to get and what ram would be the best..
I plan on doing light OC.

Would really appreciated your input on this please

So working doing a new build for a pc. finally gonna try and move away from my Q6600 build that was done in 2007.

I have a AMD 6950- 2gig card
Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II

I have the 3770k,
but right now im in a toss up of the Asus Sabertooth z77 or the Asus Z77 V-pro

Cooling is Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

The machine im building is mostly for gaming just stuck on what board to get and what ram would be the best..
I plan on doing light OC.

Would really appreciated your input on this please

That's so funny.. I'm stuck between The Sabertooth and the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3. But mostly swinging towards the Assassin2 because of better clearance with the heat sink. and 10 SATA ports with mSATA, which the Sabertooth does not have..

Last edited:
That assassin2 is a pretty sweet board, really pricy though. @op, it might help to know how much you want to spend on a board. i was looking at similar boards and i went with the Gigabyte z77x-ud5h-wb. Couldnt be happier with it. From what i see in the forums here though a lot of people seem to like both of your aforementioned boards.

That assassin2 is a pretty sweet board, really pricy though. @OP, it might help to know how much you want to spend on a board. i was looking at similar boards and i went with the Gigabyte z77x-ud5h-wb. Couldnt be happier with it. From what i see in the forums here though a lot of people seem to like both of your aforementioned boards.

My mistake... Thats the 2011 socket.. I've been looking at so many of them, I grabbed the wrong one... I fixed the link to the correct board.. :eek:

haha no worries. you know that board is $100 less then the other one you linked, yet i like it a whole lot better. :)
i also like that it has two truly PCIe x16 slots instead of the usual 1x16 or 2x8 configuration you see on almost every board

Actually...the ONLY 2 boards that have any mention so far, including the UD5h in your list Logan, have 2 pci slots that will both run x16. They are the gigabyte sniper and assassin 2. ALL the others are 1 card x16 or 2 cards, x8, x8.

Let's get back to the OP... LOL!

I would choose the V-pro over the sabertooth. The sabertooth is mostly marketing and not worth the extra $30 IMO.

Actually...the ONLY 2 boards that have any mention so far, including the UD5h in your list Logan, have 2 pci slots that will both run x16. They are the gigabyte sniper and assassin 2. ALL the others are 1 card x16 or 2 cards, x8, x8.

Thats what i was saying. Try reading that again so you understand it.

Back