• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I have a GTS 450 on each of the 4 folders, I started 1 of the GPU's to fold, the temp shot up to 62c, I had to max the GPU fan speed to cool it to 52c :)
The sound from the fan I can stand, the heat, no :).
After 2 days I shut that GPU down after finishing the WU it was on, I was getting about 7k+ ppd on it. Now if it did not take almost a whole day to do a WU I would do all my GPU's to fold :) heat or no heat.

CPU-GPU.jpg

YES I KNOW IT'S AN OLD VERSION OF HFM :rofl::chair:
that's why I turned off update on it. I don't like a popup box in the middle of my work space when I'm doing something, for now it works fine for me :)

Well, I am now using all 4 GPU's on my folders,
2 x GTS 450
1 x GTS 450 FPB (Free Proformance Boost)
1 x GTS 450 SC (Super Clock)

SMP-GPU.jpg

And still using the "OLD VERSION OF HFM" :rofl: :chair:

All kidding aside, Congrats!
Your PPD should be coming up then.

I finally added a second client to the mix here, 38k seemed just too slow.

Last edited:
If I can pull 7023 CPU type WU's, my PPD will shoot over 120kPPD with the GPU's in the mix :)

And still using the "OLD VERSION OF HFM" :rofl: :chair:

All kidding aside, Congrats!
Your PPD should be coming up then.

I finally added a second client to the mix here, 38k seemed just too slow.

I had a 7024 and a 7002 that produced killer ppd on my 8 core 2.66Ghz boxen.
But that boxen is idle and I'm going to sell it soon.

I can't hear the dual fans on my 460 even when cranked to max.
But my 1u server fans are loud until I find a deal on some HSF's for it, then I'll move it to were I can use the heat better.

Hey gabi_golan, hope I did not kick up too much dust when I blew by you :rofl::comp:

Back