• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unable to load windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kitisi

I recently purchased a seagate 1000g hard drive to replace the 250 g one ine my computer, when i load the windows 7 program just before it asks for the serial no name etc i get this message

Update has failed due to an unexpected shutdown press ok to restart computer. Installation will continue after computer is restarted." The message on the screen prior to this stated A hypa transport sync flood error occurred on last boot press f1 i did and i got the message as originally stated shutdown press ok to restart computer However, when pressing ok, the machine boots up, but continues to show that error message, and so am now stuck in a loop. What can I do to stop this, as I'm totally confused.

I am a real newbie trying to learn any help would be appreciated

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit),
AMD Phenom 11 X4 3.4 ghz AM3 Quad core processor
MSI 790XT-G45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
Thanks

So you performed a clean install on a freshly formatted Seagate HDD, and you installed Win7 from a store bought retail DVD?

yes several years ago i built thios and purchased the windows 7 for home builders with the id codes etc and it was loaded oin the hard drive i am working on now, i needed to get a larger hd so i purchased one a 1 ter pulled the old hd out installed the hard drive and booted the computer with the cd in the drive, it did not give me the opportunity to format it i assumed window did that i am a real newbie at this

Are you running the latest v2.5 BIOS revision for the 790XT-G45? Is the controller that the HDD is connected to set to IDE or AHCI mode? And during Win7 Setup you just highlighted the unallocated space and hit Next?

not sure about the bios or ide i did just hit yes how do i check for those two other items

The BIOS revision is shown on the POST screen, and the controller mode is shown under the specific controller options menu in the BIOS.

Back