• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High quality RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2fast4you98

I have a nery high eng gaming PC and my old RAm is holding me back and botlenecking my system. I have $120 to spend on RAM all and any advice is helpful and appreciated!!
-2fast4you98

Any DDR from 1600MHz and up won't bottleneck anything in a gaming rig.

So, any will do: Corsair, GSkill, OCZ...

If you talk about shaving a couple of 1/10th of a second with SuperPi, then it's another story ;)

Ah, ok!

Well, the one in your lnk is good. Actually, as said earlier, anything from well known brands is fine.

You can go for 1866 if you have the cash, preferably CL9, but 1600 will do.

Ah, ok!

Well, the one in your lnk is good. Actually, as said earlier, anything from well known brands is fine.

You can go for 1866 if you have the cash, preferably CL9, but 1600 will do.

I have enough so I will order it today!!

Will that OC well with a 2500k????

Well, don't know how well it OC until you try!

These are 1.5v, so you have a bit of headroom.

RAM OCing with SBs/IBs is tough, as you usually use only the multi to OC the CPU and not the BCLK (not much chance to go over 104/105 base clock). So, you'll have to set the RAM on the next available freq in the bios(2133), and well, not sure it will hold a 15% OC, even taking it to 1.65v.

What's more realistic is to play on thc latency, see if it can hold 8-8-8 or 8-9-8 with a small voltage bump.

EDIT: I am talking about the RAM voltage, not the vCore!

Well, don't know how well it OC until you try!

These are 1.5v, so you have a bit of headroom.

RAM OCing with SBs/IBs is tough, as you usually use only the multi to OC the CPU and not the BCLK (not much chance to go over 104/105 base clock). So, you'll have to set the RAM on the next available freq in the bios(2133), and well, not sure it will hold a 15% OC, even taking it to 1.65v.

What's more realistic is to play on thc latency, see if it can hold 8-8-8 or 8-9-8 with a small voltage bump.

EDIT: I am talking about the RAM voltage, not the vCore!

I am OCing my CPU not RAM!!

I'm so confused by this thread!!!11?

What RAM do you currently have? Why do you think its 'bottlenecking' you? What are you trying to get faster FPS in? What res do you game at? Its HIGHLY likely that your $120 could be spent much more efficiently than on RAM if you're trying to get more FPS...

Is it better to get 8gb 1866 or 16gb 1600mhz for gaming????? I am playing hardcore games at max settings. Thanks you.

8g or 16g will not make a difference if you are only using 4g. It is highly unlikely you'll notice any difference between 1600mhz ram and 1866mhz in anything other then benching. Get a set of low timing ddr3 1600, see how much memory you use while gaming and buy the next amount up.

Back