• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Not sure if power supply is DOA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

So finally got my seasonic m12ii 620 today, just found out that its not functioning at the moment. Plugged in everything tightly, and it doesn't work. Did the paper clip method and the fan spins on for only a quick second or so. Tried other outlets and changed power cord but was still the same thing. Does it sound like a dead power supply to you guys? Just want to make sure if there might be something else, don't want to go through my first RMA.
Any help is appreciated.

Please make a signature with your system specs. It'll help us help you.

Verify the following are done:
- 24-pin MOBO power is plugged in.
- 4/8-pin CPU power is plugged in.
- 6/8-pin PCIe power is plugged in. (If you have a dedicated GPU)

Alright got them down, the ram is just temporary for now since my brother is using the other 4gb. Oh yeah this is also my new build so no OS yet

Oh yeah all those we're verified

Last edited:
Do you have a multimeter?
If so do the paperclip test then check the voltages.
That said, I don't think that unit has a fan that does full stop at low load, it does sound like a dead unit.

Plug into known good outlet, with known good power cable.
Plug a fan into it, then paper clip test it.
If the fan doesn't spin, then it is DOA.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, but ill get back to you guys tomorrow morning and do the tests you guys say.

Update: tried on some fans whilst doing the paper clip method and its working.

Update 2: system is working fine now, I guess I just dodntbconnext the front panel switches correctly. Thanks for all the help guys! :D

Last edited:
Back