• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD 7F Error!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KFume

Registered
I keep getting this error at random. I don't know what is causing it. I've googled around and there has been a lot of people saying it may be memory or GPU, also read it may be programs. But it doesn't make sense. I'm not overclocking it's fresh OS install (I've done a few, keep getting errors on all OS installs). I've tested my memory with memtest86+, I have all the proper drivers. I don't know what else to try. It's really strange, for example, I just played DayZ for 2 hours and exited to download BF4 overnight and once I got into the origin client I get the BSOD. So.. I don't know what the problem is. OC Forum, help!

Last edited:
KFume,

the 7F BSOD is a tricky code to diagnose but we can certainly try and point you in the right direction.

I would look in Event Viewer for anything out of the ordinary. See if you can find any errors/warnings that happen right before your BSOD, it might point you in the direction you need to go to fix this issue. Also, run MSCONFIG and turn off any non-system critical software/drivers.

A quick glance at your hardware also brought up a flag... I thought I read somewhere that gigabyte was having issues with their z87 boards and corsair PSUs... You can read about it here...

Try those things (if you havn't already) and let us know what you come up with!

-TC

Back