• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are red cold cathodes really red?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stikphysh

the subject about covers it. are red CC lights really red or are they more of a pink? well, mines in the mail so it better not be pink. lol. i HATE pink. lol

They're pink, but......

They are now using red lexan covers instead of clear ones. Make sure the next one you buy has a red cover. You can get them from PCMutants . I've bought an amazing amount of stuff from them. They're awesome! FREE SHIPPING. If it's not on their site they probably still have it. send em an email.

i just use 2 ultrabright leds! you prob saw that pic of my setup, its nice!

ok well realy it is all due to the fact that they cant realy get the proper combinations of elements to burn at the proper temprature and emit the truly red light so you would need a color screen such as a colored lense or painting the tube anyways id say look for a red acrylic tube or somthing if you want a truly red ccfl

just add a green one and a blue one to the pink one you are getting and you can get that whole Power Puff girl mod going..
Mine was pinkish.....note "pinkish and pink are differant"
Pink is the colour of cotton candy
Pinkish is the colour of a guy in denile that his cold cathode is fem looking.;)

I want to get some EL cable for the front of my case, how bright are they? Do they just glow or do they put off significant amounts of light to shine through something like my front fan grill on my Lian-li PC-7? I was going to get some to wrap around the outter edge of the filter screen (the metal part for you other lian-li owners out there) and have it shine through the holes in the alum in the front...

anyone? thanks..

Shayne said:

Pinkish is the colour of a guy in denile that his cold cathode is fem looking.;)
LOL,true. Thats how I desribe my red(pinkish) white and blue neon

Mine looked pinkish at first, but I kept telling myself that it was red until I actually fooled myself into thinking it was red. Now thanks to you guys, I'll have to trick myself all over again.

Shayne said:
just add a green one and a blue one to the pink one you are getting and you can get that whole Power Puff girl mod going..

LOL, that's great. That is a bummer that some of the lights are pinkish ;), and some are truely red. Oh well, I'll be avoiding the red light scene. :)

if mine shows up red on friday when i get it, ill just buy some of that automtive bulb paint. works hella good on lightbulbs, why not on cold cathodes

Back