• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dangerous diode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

I have now seen the gross inaccuracy of the socket diodes for myself .......................... I have an unlocked T'bird on a Epox 8K3A+ . The MB says I have a 35-37 degree Celcius idle .But my thermocouple is taped next to the core with scotch tape and has a reading of 45 to 48 . That's at least a 10 degree difference :eek:

I wonder if it is just this board ............ if not , then I shudder at the operating temps on my 8KHA+ which showed a 45-48 degree idle :eek: .

To the few of you out there who don't know .............. DO NOT TRUST THESE SOCKET TEMPS !!

it is not only the board. most boards out there read the cpu temp nearly a cm away from the core. it is a temp diode on the mobo. i heard in this board, that the reading can differ up to 20 degrees from the real value!!! but do not worry, yout tb was made to run at anything under 70 C, so your temp is hot, but not dangerously hot.

there is one place in this web, that doesn't take these high temps as unchangebable; it is here

;)

C ya

Back