• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Secondary machine won't fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
Hi I’m having trouble getting my secondary machine (P2 400) to fold. It worked for awhile but then stopped. It folded 3 WUs, a 127, 128 and a polyQ50. After the Q50 I got a Protein that takes a long time. I was about 48 frames into it when my power went out. Now when I start F@H 2.19 it just sits there saying Attempting to send results. It never actually folds anymore. I checked my stats and it says I have only done 3 WUs when I actually have completed 4 counting the PolyQ50. Could the PolyQ50 that I did be messed up in some way, therefore causing it to always try and send it without luck? Thanks for any help, I really want to get this machine folding again.

P.S. A P3 933 machine is on its way to fold for Team 32 so that’s a little more power.

:EDIT: The text version of F@H 2.0 does the same thing.

I had the same problem occur about a week ago. I fixed it by downloading and running the Debug3FAH program. It was able to transmit the WU and receive a new one, even though FAH2Console (text version) could not.

Once you have the new WU, you can shutdown Debug3FAH and startup your regular console (if you want to).

Ok i'll try that. I just went to the T32 home page but the link for the debug program is 404ed so i'll have to find it somewhere else.

Grr, I can't find it anywhere. All the links I have tried seem to link to the same place that is not working. Could somebody attach a copy here? Or tell me a working link to go to?

Here is exactly what the console version of F@H is saying.

- Ask before connecting: No
- Proxy:10.213.146.45:6588
- ID = 15271A2404BFED45

Loaded queue successfully.

+ Attempting to send results
- Connecting to server <171.64.122.112>
- Unknown packet returned from server, expected ACK for results
- Error: Could not transmit unit 01. Keeping unit in queue.

Thats it then it goes on to work with my ProteinAG29a
The core version is 2.43 <apr 16, 2002>

:EDIT: This WU that won't send expires thursday.

Bumpage

Still not working, I can't find a copy of that debug thing anywhere, and the WU will expire very soon. I tried completely disabling my firewall but that didn't fix it. please help! :(

Hmmm...that didn't help at all. Now all it says is network connection failed.

I am beginning to think that the whole instalation of F@H is screwed.

It sounds to me like the core was damaged during the shutdown.
Go into the directory and delete core 65. Connect to the internet and F@H will automatically download a new core when your start the program. If that doesn't work completely remove F@H 2.19 from your computer including the registry and reinstall. Hope this helps.:beer: :burn:

Well tried the core thing 3 times, didn't work. Even tried moving between version 3 beta 2 and 3, no luck.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled beta 3. Its sending WUs again, but the PolyQ50 I finished and the 80 frames of a protein I was working on were all lost. :( 80 hours down the drain. :mad:

Back