• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6a I can get 2133 with voltage up but how much more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarablue

Registered
Hi all. I just got my Asus P4B266-C with the 1.6a. I have been at 2133 with a fsb of 133. It used to be kinda flaky at this speed until I upped the voltage. Now it is rock stable. What I want to know is how much further should I go and what should I test it with to find out if it is stable.? Do I have to keep increasing the voltage? Is 1.55 too high of a voltage? Right now I have it at 2159 running Prime95 torture test. What would you guys do to get it up higher? Also what is the best temp monitoring programs I can use? For some reason my P4B266-C is stuck at 40c in the bios. I haven't checked it through windows yet. Ok please help a newbie attain at least 2.2. Thanks a million.

first of all, welcome to the forums :)

now Prime95 is fine for stability testing and to test your ram and video card try 3dmark2001

try MBM5.1 for temp monitoring and Sandra 2002 for benchmarking your cpu.....what kind of cooling do you have...you should be safe as long as you dont crankthe voltage past 1.8 and your temps are lower than 50C

Well I have a case fan directly behing the retail heatsink and fan. I have pretty good cooling in my system. The thing I noticed though is that when I take away the case fan from behing the heatsink fan the heatsink fan rpm's go up? But I am thinking even at the sacrifice of about 200 rpms the addtional blowing from the case fan is good. What do you think? Also the last time I overclocked this chip it was past 2.2 and I got a serious error in XP that never went away and it forced me to reformat. That is the reason why I hate trying to go up is the dread of reformatting. If there was a way to get rid of that serious error reporting at boot everytime I would be fine. Right now I am running the torture test from prime95 and my temp is 42c. The probe seems to work whenever it goes above 40 degrees. What do you think? The last time it was past 2.2 I had the voltage at 1.525. Maybe that is why it puked because I didn't have enough voltage going? Let me know what you think or any of you guys think. Thanks alot.

yes i think it barfed because the voltage wasnt high enough try 1.6 and see if you can hit 2.2

Back