• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.7 vlts on a X800pro, safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HomerPepsi

Registered
Hi, today i started running 1.7volts into my x800pro, with its freq. at 71. I was just wondering if there could be any immediate damage to the card by doing this, and if anyone else is doing it? Im running 1.7 into it for stability for overclocking my cpu (amd athlon 64 3200+ at 2.363 ghz from 2.217 ghz with system bus at 215mhz) and its pretty stable. On 1.6volts I would get a crash here or there in game bringing me back to the desktop, nothing major, but i decided to up it by .1 to stablize the gaming more. My primary use is gaming, and if im running 1.7 volts into my card and playing games quite often, is there any risks of overheating or frying my board? The board just has the stock heatsink and fan, should i upgrade the cooling on it and add heatsinks (as it gets pretty warm while i game)? Any recomended cooling products?

Thanks guys
-Aaron

id turn it down to 1.55 at the most with stock hsf and thats with fan at 100%

1.7 is safe if your on water but i wouldnt recommend running it for long with stock cooling.

I have my x800pro running at 1.65 volts with a waterblock on it and it gets to about 35c full load. I might try running it at 1.7volts here soon and keep my eye on the temps.

Considering you are running the stock cooling I wouldn't run it that high. What is ATI tool giving you for loaded temps? Also what clocks do you have it running at for needing that many volts?

Stock clocks on the gpu, I was increasing my volts to stablize my bus speed, and ram and agp frequencys. The load temp is 70 c, with full stock fan speed.

HomerPepsi said:
Stock clocks on the gpu, I was increasing my volts to stablize my bus speed, and ram and agp frequencys. The load temp is 70 c, with full stock fan speed.

lol ok I think me and hawtrawkr are talking about a different voltage than you are. Are you refering to the voltage for the AGP slot that you can sent in your system BIOS? If that is what you are refering to then by all means run it at 1.7 since it wont affect your actual card at all really.

I think me and hawtrawkr were thinking about you GPU core voltage which you have to adjust with a volt-mod.

Ad Rock said:
lol ok I think me and hawtrawkr are talking about a different voltage than you are. Are you refering to the voltage for the AGP slot that you can sent in your system BIOS? If that is what you are refering to then by all means run it at 1.7 since it wont affect your actual card at all really.

I think me and hawtrawkr were thinking about you GPU core voltage which you have to adjust with a volt-mod.

yeah i was thinking about the gpu voltage not the agp.

Raising the AGP slot voltage will kill your overclock and increase heat alot if the card is on stock air cooling. At least get like an ATI Silencer 4 for it.

-CaT

Back