• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090t o.c and dolphin emulator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domjam

hello I have been trying to run this dolphin emulator for my wii games. currently i have a stable overclock of 4.1 but it is still not enough to run the emulator properly withought lag or problems. I have tryd to get beyond 4.1 and so far i can only seem to boot into windows at 4.2ghz with a multiplier of 21x and cpu offset of 1.47v but prime95 allwaz crashes after about 5 mins and in hardware moniter my cpu shows max of 1.53v.when running prme95 test. im afrade to up the cpu volt in bios more because of this. can anyone advise me?

I would say it's the emulator more so than your processor. . .

The Wii is clocked at 729Mhz if memory serves me correctly.

I have never used the dolphin emulator however historically newer console emulators are very buggy.

im told its very cpu intens and that for it to run with little problems you need an i5 2500k. i dont no how much better that is from a 1090t.but i thought if i can overclock mine more to a faster speed it would solve the problem.

when it is running take a look at how much cpu is being utilized it its pegged at 100% then its the cpu if not its probably the emulator

hmm i think i was wrong..it dosent use 4 cores it only uses 2..in amd overdrive under cpu moniter cores 1 and 6 are more or les at 100% any ideas?

You need to multiply the Game console Hardware by 20 for the PC to run it properly.

I can run PS2 emulation smoothly but a WII is 4 times more powerful....

Never mind that your PC might be 15 times more powerful than the WII, its not enougth unfortunately, having said that if you can find one that will use all your 6 cores you might do it.

They have just started PS3 emulation, even with an i7 2700K and a 7970 its unplayable.

Last edited:
i would not wish to emlate a ps3 .the only resson for wii is beacuse of the horrible graphics. i can play zelda skyword sword practicly perffecty along with xenoblade with slight audio hickups..but the last story..is another story :( and i thought if i push my cpu to its very limits i could just about get to play it. though it sounds like this is not possible with a 1090t i guess i will have to think about upgrading to intel from now on. since most users that use dolphin are all intel and it seems to run well with them.

i would not wish to emlate a ps3 .the only resson for wii is beacuse of the horrible graphics. i can play zelda skyword sword practicly perffecty along with xenoblade with slight audio hickups..but the last story..is another story :( and i thought if i push my cpu to its very limits i could just about get to play it. though it sounds like this is not possible with a 1090t i guess i will have to think about upgrading to intel from now on. since most users that use dolphin are all intel and it seems to run well with them.

Sandy Bridge has a higher core for core IPC performance than Thuban, for this sort of work and only using 2 cores Intel is the better choice.

But you need to ask your friends what Intel CPU's they are using.

Cost wise it could get quite expensive going the Intel rout, if all you need is an i5 2500K its not much more than what a 1090t costs.

if its a 2600K that's a good chunk more money, a 2700K.... well hope you can sell that Thuban to someone who desperately wants it. (they do hold a lot of value)

BTW, you will need a new Motherboard as well if your going Intel.

yes i was thinkng about that ..do u no a good motherbord? i was thinkin the intel alt of the croshair formula iv that i currently have as i would want to overclock the cpu like i did with the 1090t. but if there is a cheaper option with similer overclockin cabailitys i would rather take that.

yes i was thinkng about that ..do u no a good motherbord? i was thinkin the intel alt of the croshair formula iv that i currently have as i would want to overclock the cpu like i did with the 1090t. but if there is a cheaper option with similer overclockin cabailitys i would rather take that.

My first thought would be an Asus Maximus IV or an Asus SABERTOOTH
A good place to ask is here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

If you're already at 4.1GHz you're unlikely to get too much more out of it.
A 2500K at 4.1 (an easy OC) is significantly more powerful per core, and the 2500k should do 4.5GHz without any issue.

thanks man i have started another post regarding the upgrade to intel.much apreshiated.

Back