• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1100T OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice looking rig and nice looking workstation! In stark contrast to most of us sit in the midst of. I'm surrounded by used computer parts. Never hurts, you know to have a spare this or that around to plug in when something fails or when a friend needs a repair.

Yes, when you get better cooling you can push the ratio (we usually call it the "multiplier") back up to get to 4.0 ghz or maybe raise the FSB a tad to get an even 4.0. You can add a little voltage if necessary to support that as I'm sure temps will no longer be an issue.

Give us an update when you get your new cooling in place and settle on an overclock.

Thank you for everything, I just placed bought an H110, after much research. This was the deciding factor in the end (pic) should arrive on Tuesday, will report back. Thanks again

Looks like it should lower your temps about 11c from the H60. The problem with cooler reviews, however, is that it seems no two of them agree with each other. They all seem to test in a different way and come up with different results. So it's important to look at a number of them and see which coolers at least consistently score high.

Looks like it should lower your temps about 11c from the H60. The problem with cooler reviews, however, is that it seems no two of them agree with each other. They all seem to test in a different way and come up with different results. So it's important to look at a number of them and see which coolers at least consistently score high.

Hi :) The H100 was old, and people where reporting problems with the H100i's USB controller, and the price difference between the 100 and 110 was about $20. So for 20 bucks more I got bigger fans (14vs12) which means they can push more air at lower rmp, and a slightly bigger radiator, which translates in better heat dissipation. At least that's what I learned from reading. I read 5 reviews on the H110 and people seem to be very pleased with it's built quality and performance.

I'm thinking of mounting mine hanging from the top, where the built in fans would push the air through and my two 200mm exhaust fans on top of the case would full the hot air out the top. Hopefully this will be sufficient for a 4GHz overclock.

My other option was the Swifttech (spelling) H220 but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, and it's a smaller radiator, even though it has a better pump. Anyways, it should be arriving tomorrow, I'll post pics and results. Thank you for holding my hand throughout my overclocking journey, Master Trents :attn:

Man, I wish I had the space for my rig that you have. Very nice setup.

By the way, is that the RAT5 or 7 you have there? I have the 7 myself, and I love it.

Also, why did you go with the two smaller monitors, in stead of getting three of the same? Just curious is all, I've seen it done a few times, and I was wondering what the appeal was.

Man, I wish I had the space for my rig that you have. Very nice setup.

By the way, is that the RAT5 or 7 you have there? I have the 7 myself, and I love it.

Also, why did you go with the two smaller monitors, in stead of getting three of the same? Just curious is all, I've seen it done a few times, and I was wondering what the appeal was.

Thank you, that last picture is kinda old, I'll take some new ones when my H110 comes. The mouse in the picture is my second RAT5, I didn't have good luck with them, (both had the same button die after a couple of months) so I'm using a G9X now. I use the PC not only for gaming, but for work as well, so the 2 vertical monitors are extremely helpful. For example, I have my Photoshop tools/layers on the right monitor and my music/netfix on the left. That way I can change tracks/tools and my main 27" is fully available as work area.

It's also very handy when gaming. I have the game running on the main 27, while on the left I have mumble or TS3 open, along with steam. At the same time I can glance to the right and see my GPU and CPU temps and the time. I'm using them as auxiliary displays, to display extra information in real time without having to ALT-TAB out of whatever I'm playing. It's also really fun playing Flight sim on a setup like this (see below) :)

FSX.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sir, I'm glad you're not disappointed in me. I'm a noob, but I'm doing the best I can. I wouldn't have posted and cluttered the forums, but my particular questions were not answered in other threads, and believe me, I searched and read enough information to make a normal person go insane. lol

Update on the situation:

Newegg has managed to **** me off big time, their "next day delivery" is a borderline scam. Luckily, I live 25 miles from them so as soon as someone decides to process my transaction, I'm gonna go and pick up the new cooler myself. Funny thing is, they haven't had time to process my order, but I'm already getting spam with "great recommendations on coolers" in my email. It's 2:30pm here now, and they're open till 7pm, so hopefully they'll manage to push my order through so I can go get the bloody thing.

Also, anyone in LA, if you want an H60 (in perfect working condition and cosmetically mint) lemme know in here, you can come pick it up. I'm gonna have no use for it, and a free H60 could be useful to someone.

In general, shipping time claims have deteriorated lately. I see it with USPS Priority Mail which advertises 2 day delivery anywhere in the U.S. It's now always three days, at least if you don't live in a major mail distribution hub.

In general, shipping time claims have deteriorated lately. I see it with USPS Priority Mail which advertises 2 day delivery anywhere in the U.S. It's now always three days, at least if you don't live in a major mail distribution hub.

I paid for the next day delivery, the most expensive option, and I'm gonna end up picking it up myself. Needless to say, no more Newegg when I'm in a rush.

That's it, I'm heading out to get the H100i from Fry's. No more newegg for me. This could just be me, but their service has changed from last time I used them.

Hey, man, love the light show! That red makes it look like it's about to nuke out. I trust that is not the case.

Hey, man, love the light show! That red makes it look like it's about to nuke out. I trust that is not the case.

Thanks, there's a Fan LED button on the case, turning them on and off is not hard at all. I'm gonna overclock back to 4.0 now, wish me luck :D

Ok, I think I have a slight problem. One of the cores failed after 3 mins, fatal error rounding was 0.48046875 expected less than 0.4... This was something with voltage right? Right now I haven't touched the voltage, but the other two parameters are 286x14, temps are 55 max for the cpu and 46 max for the cores.

I tried 200x20 as per a suggestion in another thread, haven't touched anything else (only adjusted the ram frequency so that it's at 1600 as a result) and it seems stable for now. Prime is still running, temps are down by 1C as well. 54/45... lol

A core failing as opposed to blue screen or restart is usually a pretty good sign that CPU voltage is not quite high enough.

Something else occurred to me and that is one weakness of water cooling is that, though it can do a great job of keeping the processor cool, there is no fan to stir up air around the VRM area. You might consider putting a small spot fan to blow on the VRM and the NB heatsink.

A core failing as opposed to blue screen or restart is usually a pretty good sign that CPU voltage is not quite high enough.

Something else occurred to me and that is one weakness of water cooling is that, though it can do a great job of keeping the processor cool, there is no fan to stir up air around the VRM area. You might consider putting a small spot fan to blow on the VRM and the NB heatsink.

Thanks, will do. I read about increasing the HT and NB voltages, should I try it? They're at default now, HT is at 1.2 and NB is at 1.25

If the HT Link and NB(CPU/NB, that is) is a stock frequency I would not overvolt it but if it's overclocked I would. I still think you need a little more vcore. What are core and socket temps running now and what is your vcore at?

Back